PDA

View Full Version : do i need tweeters? hmmm

pwayzjellyroll
08-08-2005, 10:03 AM
i have 4 6.5" diamond audio D361i that are going to be ran off a jl 300/4 theres a spot in my dash for tweeters should i bother to add 1" diamond audio tweeters and run them off the hu? or should i be ok w/ the d361i's the guy said they would sound great off the amplifier any opinions?

OlogyAudio
08-08-2005, 10:10 AM
I say you would likely be better off with 2 tweeters... 4 just causes all kinds of nutty c2c issues and comb filtering...

I've always been a strong supporter of only 2 speakers (front) if you are after SQ... however if ya want more spl -- the more speakers the better... you can always fade front I guess for SQ and center it when you want it louder or if there are rear passengers :)

pwayzjellyroll
08-08-2005, 11:13 AM
yeah since they each have tweeters in them already dont bother putting a pair of 1" ones in the dash? is that what im getting here? and also should i invest in bass blockers? i want my 2 eclipse subs to take care of the bass

OlogyAudio
08-08-2005, 01:39 PM
yeah since they each have tweeters in them already dont bother putting a pair of 1" ones in the dash? is that what im getting here? and also should i invest in bass blockers? i want my 2 eclipse subs to take care of the bass
you don't need 'bass blockers' your amp has adjustable highpass filters (a much better version of the typical bass blocker) -- 'bass blockers' are normally 1st order filters that don't do that much good till under the resonant frequency of the driver (big impedance peak)... unless the peak is corrected for and thatís never seen on crappy passive filters you get off ebay ;)