PDA

View Full Version : Heres the deal.

macbethpoe
08-07-2005, 05:44 PM
I want a set of 6 1/2 components. I want a set that has superb midbass, because I listen to metal and want them to be able to handle kick drum very well. I want thehighs to be extremely crisp, not too sharp, but very crisp and soft, so that it doesnt sound like a mess of cymbals crashing. I want them to be able to be turned up loudly without distortion, and maintain their clarity. I will hook them up to whatever amp is needed. They will be installed into stock speaker holes. I would really like to keep them under $300.00. I have been looking at the Rainbow Sound Lines alot.

flakko
08-07-2005, 05:56 PM
Dooooo The Soundlines

OlogyAudio
08-07-2005, 06:07 PM
or you could check out my component sets -- just thowing me out there as an option :) :naughty: -- I know I'm a *****!

macbethpoe
08-07-2005, 06:07 PM
Have you listened to yours yet?

macbethpoe
08-07-2005, 06:08 PM
or you could check out my component sets -- just thowing me out there as an option :) :naughty: -- I know I'm a *****!

Dont you do alot of help with DIY?

OlogyAudio
08-07-2005, 06:14 PM
Have you listened to yours yet?
Dont you do alot of help with DIY?

Yea I help people put complete systems together -- and if they are so inclined I help people out with their DIY projects...

I am listening to my sets right now in fact... Sound simply awesome :)
Testing out some boards that are going out 2moro -- and trying to tweak them a bit but I'm quite satisfied with my design :) -- I think I'm going to call the prototyping on the PL6 and PL7 over with and start finding dealers...

macbethpoe
08-07-2005, 06:18 PM
So how much for a comp set? And in all honesty please, what comp sets do you think they campare too? And how would you describe their sound, would they fit the description I was searching for?

OlogyAudio
08-07-2005, 06:24 PM
So how much for a comp set? And in all honesty please, what comp sets do you think they campare too? And how would you describe their sound, would they fit the description I was searching for?

The overall 'sound' is pretty much dead on with the Boston Acoustics Z6 -- ULTRA flat -- you should be able to listen to them at a local shop... The main difference between mine and theirs... Theirs is easier to install -- mine are more massive -- mine are more detailed -- have a smoother midbass and the tweeter I used is a little less airy but more robust... Oh mine are more install friendly when it comes to imaging due to a very even power response…

I would compare the PL series (the one I was referring to above) more closely to the Rainbow Platinum in terms of detail and quality of imaging – slightly different sound though… They weren’t shooting for ultra flat, whereas I was.

Check the PM box btw I'm writing you a PM at the moment...