PDA

View Full Version : Kenwood DDX-7017 or a Pioneer AVIC-D1

ChuteBoxe515
08-07-2005, 02:28 PM
Which would you guys choose and why? What are some of the pros and cons that I am not seeing?

KaeZoo
08-07-2005, 09:30 PM
I'm not familiar with the Kenwood unit, but one thing many people don't realize about the AVIC-D1 is that it does not play DVD movies. The DVD drive is only for the navigation DVD. If you want to watch movies on the screen, you'll need a separate DVD player.

ChuteBoxe515
08-08-2005, 08:44 AM
yea, i knew that, it will play burnt dvds though...the kenwood will also plays mpegs and is cheaper...hmm...anyone else?

Hybrid90accord
08-08-2005, 12:09 PM
I installed a D1 into a scion Tc last night at work and honestly its pretty nice, and is a very slick and clean looking unit, but unless having a double Din is a must I would go with a N! or N2 for the prices, unless $$$$ isn't a issue. Im a pioneer guy threw and threw ut was not impressed by anything unther then the navigation as far as sound options, but i guess having a deh-p860mp would do that to you

Randy Savage
08-08-2005, 12:10 PM
D1 doesn't play our burnt DVD's....:confused:

wacktool
08-08-2005, 09:26 PM
I have the avic-d1 and just a few things **** about it. No way to by pass the motion sensor. I did the old use a toggle for the ebrake trick, but the avic-d1 has a built in gyro and if even you have the e-brake or etoggle on , it will override it. How is this a pain you ask? Passengers (upfront) cant watch dvd's (or other video input) cause it will shut off the video but keep playing the audio. Also some basic navigation functions are greyed out when the vehicle is in motion. Other than that, its sweet.

ChuteBoxe515
08-08-2005, 09:31 PM
D1 doesn't play our burnt DVD's....:confused:
the shop had a burnt dvd playing when i demo'ed it