PDA

View Full Version : security for a box

krouchchocolate
08-07-2005, 03:41 AM
Im looking to build a box in the future and i have to be prepared just in case anybody who wants to steal my audio stuff. I was wondering if i could bolt my sub box down to my car and how should i do this. Can someone give me some ideas? Will that affect any of the sound and what kind of good security screws are there that i can use to screw down my sub. Something along the lines that a thief will prabably not have the tool to unscrew the subs!!!

cjjackson85
08-07-2005, 03:42 AM
Weld it to the top of your trunk...

Doingstuffwell
08-07-2005, 04:38 AM
what really worked for a long time was to bolt 2 Eye-Bolts into the back of the box and
crank them real tight.

for those of you who have a small door between the rear seat and the trunk, you could
mount 2 more Eye bolts the same distance apart on the seat frame... slide the box in, and
throw a padlock into each matching set of eye bolts.

wala.

Theft-resistant.

krouchchocolate
08-07-2005, 11:07 AM
what really worked for a long time was to bolt 2 Eye-Bolts into the back of the box and
crank them real tight.

for those of you who have a small door between the rear seat and the trunk, you could
mount 2 more Eye bolts the same distance apart on the seat frame... slide the box in, and
throw a padlock into each matching set of eye bolts.

wala.

Theft-resistant.

seems like a good way....that was da same way i was gonna do it like.

theCybe
08-07-2005, 11:28 AM
Had a buddy w/ a Pulsar long time ago, had actually chained his trunk closed.

ruckus
08-07-2005, 03:13 PM
just keep in mind if bolting into the floorboards make sure you know whats under your drilling points. I know of people drilling into their gas tank lines.

PhatTonyDeMarco
08-07-2005, 03:30 PM
I just drilled some L brackets to the box and into the floor. Yes.. Check what is under there before you drill.

GCAdidas13
08-07-2005, 03:36 PM
Put enclosure into car, no subs
Bolts from inside of box to car frame
subs into enclosure with security screws (look into them on ebay or google)

now that would be theft-proof

krouchchocolate
08-07-2005, 04:09 PM
how easy is it to hit the gas tank? That's wat im afraid of.

Fate710
08-07-2005, 04:49 PM
i used some weird sized star bit screws for my subs and amp and my box can't be stolen. the **** thing was pushed in between the fender wells. very very tight.

krouchchocolate
08-07-2005, 05:01 PM
i used some weird sized star bit screws for my subs and amp and my box can't be stolen. the **** thing was pushed in between the fender wells. very very tight.

do u noe what kind of screws they were?

THUNDERBIRD
08-08-2005, 02:51 PM
i took some metal and its bolted to my rear set support bracket and then i screwed it into the back of the box

Rattlebrain
08-08-2005, 03:01 PM
Here is something I found (http://www.at-fairfax.com/SecurityScrews.htm) I havent checked it out very good. But it had some interesting securty bolts/screws.