PDA

View Full Version : Whats comparable to DLS Iridium's (buying tomorrow so help or die... please)

Eugenics
08-04-2005, 10:55 PM
Searched didn't find what i was looking for

Anyway tomorrow im going to purchase my speakers. Im planning on getting The Iridium 6.2s, but was wondering if there were any better options in the price range (im getting them for about 475 new) of 850 or whatever there MSRP is. I know its all opinion but what are some speakers you guys think are better in that price range?

Regards,
Preston Mossman

squeak9798
08-04-2005, 11:31 PM
Better is pretty subjective. There are, however, other speakers you could consider such as the Boston Z6, Focal PolyKevlar K2P's, Dynaudio, MB Quart Q series, Rainbow Pro Line or Pro-Vandiums.....there's more, that's all I can think of.

King Asoka
08-04-2005, 11:45 PM
mmmmmm focal.

^yeah all those are good, in addition checkout www.hertzaudiovideo.com, the hi-energy series.

OlogyAudio
08-04-2005, 11:45 PM
Better is pretty subjective. There are, however, other speakers you could consider such as the Boston Z6, Focal PolyKevlar K2P's, Dynaudio, MB Quart Q series, Rainbow Pro Line or Pro-Vandiums.....there's more, that's all I can think of.
Forgot about me? :( or just waiting till I send ya a sample? :) I'm working on that one -- going to send ya an xover with all the diffrent options out there... High power protect the tweeter better -- low power higher quality -- and just some tweaks... need to get some nice switches and make a little box for ya though...

PRIVATEpastry
08-04-2005, 11:52 PM
in addition checkout www.hertzaudiovideo.com, the hi-energy series.
Those Hi-Energy comps are beautiful.

ChiefontheDitty
08-04-2005, 11:59 PM
What about the RE XXX's?

OlogyAudio
08-05-2005, 12:04 AM
What about the RE XXX's?
They are out now? I'm working on a 2 way and 3 way using the RE XXX midbasses though :)

squeak9798
08-05-2005, 12:06 AM
They are out now? I'm working on a 2 way and 3 way using the RE XXX midbasses though :)

The sets aren't out. Still just the mids from RE.

And yeah.....waiting to hear the goodness for myself :) Want to check out the crossover design and construction, etc :D

OlogyAudio
08-05-2005, 12:12 AM
The sets aren't out. Still just the mids from RE.

And yeah.....waiting to hear the goodness for myself :) Want to check out the crossover design and construction, etc :D

Got another one out yesterday -- should be installed this weekend if he gets to it... and another to be ordered fri... so more reviews should be out there from clients. I took it ya saw the pics of the first boards ? :uhoh: they aren't pretty looking but they are functional and hidden so... all you hear is the sound :D

King Asoka
08-05-2005, 12:15 AM
Those Hi-Energy comps are beautiful.

yeah, they have a unique surround that gives them linearity like no other.

I have the space 6's in my ride and they amaze me on a daily basis.

Eugenics
08-05-2005, 10:17 AM
Got another one out yesterday -- should be installed this weekend if he gets to it... and another to be ordered fri... so more reviews should be out there from clients. I took it ya saw the pics of the first boards ? :uhoh: they aren't pretty looking but they are functional and hidden so... all you hear is the sound :D

im telling you, your going to take off... we'll be reading about you in magazines in a couple years

Justintoxicated
08-05-2005, 04:14 PM
just get the 6.2's and be done, oter options will likely cost more. Unless you want to spend more, then get something else. Any of those choices and you will not be disapointed.

Eugenics
08-05-2005, 05:09 PM
just what i wanted to hear

AzGrower
08-05-2005, 05:15 PM
Dayton RS 7" mids and LPG tweets. About $145 of DIY speakers compared to $700 on the DLS. Guaranteed to outdo those DLS as well

JAZN
08-05-2005, 05:19 PM
if ur gonna go comp set, the DLS will be fine if u enjoy a nice, laid back, natural sound.

however, like AzGrower said, i would much rather go DIY.

Eugenics
08-05-2005, 05:55 PM
i will be doing something with ology audio soon

noob with an RS
08-05-2005, 06:03 PM
Dayton RS 7" mids and LPG tweets. About $145 of DIY speakers compared to $700 on the DLS. Guaranteed to outdo those DLS as well
IS THIS ABSOLUTELY TRUE?! with a 145 dollars, i can build a DIY set that can compare to the DLS iridiums????? if so, i'm bout to just go the DIY route!! someone please follow up on this!!

JAZN
08-05-2005, 06:40 PM
yes it's true...
calm the hell down.

and when it comes to DIY, the variety of good, reasonably priced drivers is great.
the downside, you gotta know wth you're doing. good processing, install, and xovers are in order.

Eugenics
08-05-2005, 06:42 PM
talk to ology audio, he can get you those drivers and make you a ****** custom xover that will blow your mind

Raven
08-05-2005, 07:52 PM
^ OlogyAudio is out to make a respectable name for himself, and I personally want to see him succeed. I sugguest sending him a PM.

Vash
08-05-2005, 10:37 PM
To bad you're not in So cal, we're having a lil DLS meet up. Well for anyone else interested we're meeting up at a starbucks. This is the location:
1788 E. Willow Street
A
Signal Hill, California 908062014
562-595-9336

at 11:30am to 12:30pm.
Sorry dont mean to jack the thread. Good luck!

OlogyAudio
08-06-2005, 01:01 AM
talk to ology audio, he can get you those drivers and make you a ****** custom xover that will blow your mind

^ OlogyAudio is out to make a respectable name for himself, and I personally want to see him succeed. I sugguest sending him a PM.

Thanks for the kind words :) MY goal is to have DIY drivers available to the public and go more mainstream with use of my passive xovers... help keep costs low for the average public and let the small dealers compete with online sales... with these pasive filters you get as close to optimal performance that you can get short of 31 band eqs for each driver as well as an amp channel for each driver :)

late 2moro there is going to be a review of someone that installed me PL7 set today -- replaced his ED 6500s with a less expensive component set that blew it away... better midbass -- more midrange clarity -- better imaging -- more resolution in the tweeter -- massive high quality parts that almost don't fit in your doors :)

Eugenics
08-06-2005, 05:28 AM
everyones excited about the XXX set, i might just have to scrape my budget to all hell so i can get a set. if i was a chick... i could get wet thinking about them.