PDA

View Full Version : Brahma 15" in 1995 Mustang Conv. trunk?

Vageta31
08-04-2005, 12:11 PM
As the title says I'm trying to figure out the best way to install a 15" Brahma in the trunk of my 95' convertable mustang. I used to have the Brahma in a 3.5cu ported enclosure tuned to 29hz and it sounded awesome not to mention being supremely loud, but I'm not sure if I could even do that in the Mustang.

Just looking for someone with some experience with this. I've never attempted a sub install with a convertable so I don't know what to expect SPL wise. I know I could get away with 2-2.5cu sealed box but I'm afraid of the loss of SPL over ported due to it being in a convertable. Also due to the small trunk space it seems my only option would be to face it upwards unless I try to slope the baffle and then face it forwards or backwards.

Can anyone with similar experience point me in the right direction? Would facing up in a simple box do well or would I rattle the **** trunk lid off? Also if I faced it backwards somehow would it be superior to the other option? BTW It'll be powered by a Tsunami1100db so power isn't an issue.

Thanks.

BassAddictJ
08-10-2005, 11:59 PM
figure out a way to keeep it ported.......... you'll loose mad SPL if u seal it.................build tinside the trunk if need be

ntense702
08-11-2005, 12:15 AM
you would have to do it upfiring, and as said make sure it is ported and in order to make a decent size box for it you'll probably have to build it inside the trunk so be prepared to sacrifice all your trunk space

Mr. Opportunist
08-11-2005, 03:22 PM
yes def. upfire