PDA

View Full Version : online eclipse dealers

pwayzjellyroll
08-04-2005, 10:57 AM
i can't seem to find any but are their any online authorized eclipse dealers? i looked a bit but coulnd't find any, or am i forced to go to the local electronics shop any sites if their are any are greatly appreciated :highhorse

JLCivic
08-04-2005, 11:08 AM
Eclipse doesn't have any authorized online dealers.

req
08-04-2005, 11:26 AM
in the near future, i heard a rumor that they might go thru crutchfield. but i have no idea weather that is valid or not.

JLCivic
08-04-2005, 11:30 AM
in the near future, i heard a rumor that they might go thru crutchfield. but i have no idea weather that is valid or not.
Yeah, that has been mentioned by a guy who talked to Crutchfield. We will just have wait and see if Eclipse stuff shows up on the Crutchfield website.

pwayzjellyroll
08-04-2005, 11:46 AM
blah ok so i basically have to go to the audio shop now, and i was wondering, the guy there told me eclipse hu's have the best warranty's he said that they have this theft thing where if it gets stolen it's replaced for free, is this true? and can anyone give me a ballpark idea on the prices of the eclipse hu's? ty in advance

JLCivic
08-04-2005, 11:51 AM
blah ok so i basically have to go to the audio shop now, and i was wondering, the guy there told me eclipse hu's have the best warranty's he said that they have this theft thing where if it gets stolen it's replaced for free, is this true? and can anyone give me a ballpark idea on the prices of the eclipse hu's? ty in advance

Do you not believe the warranty information given to you by the Eclipse dealer?

YES, Eclipse has the best factory warranty available, imo
YES, they will replace the deck if it is stolen within one year of it being installed by an authorized eclipse dealer(must also purchase it from an authorized dealer as well)

Here is a post I put on SD months ago. It gives some of the differences and prices on the 05 Eclipses.

http://forum.sounddomain.com/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=014757

JonJT
08-04-2005, 12:00 PM
Some athorized Eclipse dealers allow you to purchse online, but you have to go in store to pick the item up.

squeak9798
08-04-2005, 12:05 PM
Some athorized Eclipse dealers allow you to purchse online, but you have to go in store to pick the item up.

Yeah....but why buy on the 'net if you have to go to the store anyways :crazy: Just buy it when you're there.

Eclipse dealers are not allowed to ship the item, or it will no longer be an "authorized" purchase.

JLCivic
08-04-2005, 12:13 PM
Yeah....but why buy on the 'net if you have to go to the store anyways :crazy: Just buy it when you're there.

Eclipse dealers are not allowed to ship the item, or it will no longer be an "authorized" purchase.
The ONLY reason I could see to purchase online when you have to pick it up in the store is if a model is on sale/clearance. YOu want that price before they are out of stock. Pay for it, then pick it up when you can get to the store(could be several miles away).

pwayzjellyroll
08-04-2005, 01:08 PM
it doesn't seem to say but do any of the eclipse hu's have 3 sets of preamp outputs? cuz i have 1 4 chnl amp and a mono sub amp if they dont any recomennded headunits for 250-300?

squeak9798
08-04-2005, 01:10 PM
According to Perry's post on SD, everything from the CD5415 on up have 3 sets of RCA outputs.

pwayzjellyroll
08-04-2005, 01:12 PM
oh thank's for clearin that up

iceteebone
08-04-2005, 01:15 PM
they also have low impedence and high volts if you buy into the high volt thing. there was a thread ECA where someone test the preouts on an 8443 and it put out around 8 volts rms, with no clipping at full volume. definately nice decks. i just liked the controls on the pioneers better. call me crazy i guess. :crazy:

squeak9798
08-04-2005, 01:19 PM
they also have low impedence and high volts if you buy into the high volt thing.

Actually it's not so much the voltage with the Eclipse decks (5V is nice, however); it's the ultra-low impedance that makes the preouts "special". Not many other HU's on the market have 55ohm preouts (including "high end" units).....but Eclipse's bottom of the line deck does.

iceteebone
08-04-2005, 01:27 PM
Actually it's not so much the voltage with the Eclipse decks (5V is nice, however); it's the ultra-low impedance that makes the preouts "special". Not many other HU's on the market have 55ohm preouts (including "high end" units).....but Eclipse's bottom of the line deck does.

that's why i mentioned they had low impedence. ;) i figured people really only care though about preout voltage. here is a link to that thread if anybody was interested http://forum.elitecaraudio.com/showthread.php?threadid=101427 i see there was a little clipping at full volume.

JLCivic
08-04-2005, 02:03 PM
they also have low impedence and high volts if you buy into the high volt thing. there was a thread ECA where someone test the preouts on an 8443 and it put out around 8 volts rms, with no clipping at full volume. definately nice decks. i just liked the controls on the pioneers better. call me crazy i guess. :crazy:

and I wouldn't just say it is the voltage OR impedance that makes an Eclipse sound like it does. You could take another deck and run it through a bada$$ linedriver, and that doesn't mean it will sound as good as an Eclipse. I think it is a combination of design, quality of components and the quality of the pre outs.

FoxPro5
09-22-2005, 07:27 PM
www.cartoys.com ;)

JLCivic
09-22-2005, 08:41 PM
www.cartoys.com ;)

Cartoys has traditionally advertised eclipse decks online but the disclaimer, "in store pick up only" was usually there. I do not see that now. Maybe since Crutchfield has eclipse video pieces(and, per the local eclipse dealer, that is all Crutchfield is getting, maybe Eclipse has changed their no internet sales policy. Cartoys still doesn't list all the decks(didn't see the 8455, for example).

FoxPro5
09-22-2005, 09:08 PM
Cartoys has traditionally advertised eclipse decks online but the disclaimer, "in store pick up only" was usually there. I do not see that now. Maybe since Crutchfield has eclipse video pieces(and, per the local eclipse dealer, that is all Crutchfield is getting, maybe Eclipse has changed their no internet sales policy. Cartoys still doesn't list all the decks(didn't see the 8455, for example).

Just bought an Eclipse amp from them online last week. It was on clearence and they actually sold me one from one of their stores. They say that they are authorized to ship Eclipse....and the are "proud to be and Eclipse authorized retailer." I took it to a local Eclipse dealer to have it "installed" and sent the warranty card in...I haven't heard anything back as of yet though.

I'm sure Eclipse says what they can and can't sell and for how much. They do have the 8445 deck though, not sure if the 8455 is even in their stock.

To my knowledge Crutch has just started selling AVN units only.:yumyum: I personally think is was a smart move by Eclipse b/c their stuff is rock solid and everyone should have a chance to get to know their products.:veryhapp:

JLCivic
09-22-2005, 09:24 PM
Just bought an Eclipse amp from them online last week. It was on clearence and they actually sold me one from one of their stores. They say that they are authorized to ship Eclipse....and the are "proud to be and Eclipse authorized retailer." I took it to a local Eclipse dealer to have it "installed" and sent the warranty card in...I haven't heard anything back as of yet though.

I'm sure Eclipse says what they can and can't sell and for how much. They do have the 8445 deck though, not sure if the 8455 is even in their stock.

To my knowledge Crutch has just started selling AVN units only.:yumyum: I personally think is was a smart move by Eclipse b/c their stuff is rock solid and everyone should have a chance to get to know their products.:veryhapp:

Clearance products(not current year stock) might be able to be shipped, but cartoys had the 05 decks available for shipping as well. I did notice cartoys offered a 2 year extended warranty on eclipse decks as well(for $40 or so). That is their way of allowing you to extend a warranty to 3 years(pay $40 for the extended warranty or that much to have a dealer install it to get the extended warranty).

snb778
09-22-2005, 09:49 PM
They have a 3 year warranty on subs....is there any other brand that has a manufacturer warranty of 3 years. I know a few companies do 3 years for amps, but not subs.

JLCivic
09-22-2005, 09:53 PM
They have a 3 year warranty on subs....is there any other brand that has a manufacturer warranty of 3 years. I know a few companies do 3 years for amps, but not subs.

I was talking about their head units(best factory warranties in the business).

6spdcoupe
09-23-2005, 11:59 AM
You can use the dealer locator to verify whos allowed to sell online. Crutch field is the only one listed.

6spdcoupe
09-23-2005, 12:13 PM

Eclipses warranty is three years across the board..amps,HUs,subs,etc. Although theres alot of others with the same warranty on subs...Alumapro, Memphis,Diamond,Rainbow is 5years.