PDA

View Full Version : 3 Ways or 2 Way Coponet Setup

Semi-Auto
08-04-2005, 03:19 AM
I am in a process of picking a pair of coponets I am not sure wich set I will pick I will ask you all opions tomorrow for now
I have a whole for 5.25 speaker
if i get the 3 ways tweeter, midrange, and subwwofer, 2 wholes need be cut for the sub and tweeter
wich 1 would give me the best sound quality the

2way or 3way? what is best?

I would think 3 way because each plays its on individual frequency thanks all for you rfuture response

flakko
08-04-2005, 03:51 AM
I am in a process of picking a pair of coponets I am not sure wich set I will pick I will ask you all opions tomorrow for now
I have a whole for 5.25 speaker
if i get the 3 ways tweeter, midrange, and subwwofer, 2 wholes need be cut for the sub and tweeter
wich 1 would give me the best sound quality the

2way or 3way? what is best?

I would think 3 way because each plays its on individual frequency thanks all for you rfuture response

dood your spelling is killing my brain.

but a 2 way component set consists of a midwoofer and a tweeter (midwoofer covers 60-80hz to like i dunno 3.5khz? and the tweeter covers from there up

a 3 way consists of a midbass driver, a midrange driver, and a tweeter. the midbass driver usually covers the 40-80 range the midrange covers from 80-3.5kzh and tweeter from there up.

i dunno it depends if you have room or not i guess. some people like 3-way, and some pple like 2-way its all on taste

Semi-Auto
08-04-2005, 10:27 AM
dood your spelling is killing my brain.

but a 2 way component set consists of a midwoofer and a tweeter (midwoofer covers 60-80hz to like i dunno 3.5khz? and the tweeter covers from there up

a 3 way consists of a midbass driver, a midrange driver, and a tweeter. the midbass driver usually covers the 40-80 range the midrange covers from 80-3.5kzh and tweeter from there up.

i dunno it depends if you have room or not i guess. some people like 3-way, and some pple like 2-way its all on taste
sorry if i mispelled 5-6 words

squeak9798
08-04-2005, 10:34 AM
There is no best. If you read the Speaker FAQ thread, there is a post about 2-way vs. 3-way and general advantages and disadvantages.

Semi-Auto
08-04-2005, 09:41 PM
There is no best. If you read the Speaker FAQ thread, there is a post about 2-way vs. 3-way and general advantages and disadvantages.
thanks squeak look right passed it