PDA

View Full Version : Will my amp hanle the 860mp preouts?

King_Of_Da_Souf
08-03-2005, 02:26 PM
I have a Rockford Fosgate T10001bd and the "Signal Voltage Adjustment Range" of the amp is 150mV to 4V as stated in the manual. Is this the same as input sensitivity, and if so can the amp handle the 6V that the HU wants to send it.

Also, I did do a search and didn't find the clear yes or no answer and explanation I was looking for. So any help will be appreciated

squeak9798
08-03-2005, 03:16 PM
Yes, you will be fine. That 6V output that the HU is rated at is a maximum output voltage number (kinda like "Max Power" on an amplifier). You would have to play a 0db sine wave at full volume to obtain 6V out of the HU. Preout voltage works just like amplifiers power output; as volume goes up, output voltage goes up; as volume goes down, output voltage goes down. Plus the voltage will swing up and down with the dynamics and transients in the music.

With normal music, at "normal" listening levels, you will never get full voltage from the preouts. Long story short; you are fine.

King_Of_Da_Souf
08-04-2005, 09:26 AM
thanx, help is alway appreciated

UndercoverPunk
08-04-2005, 09:54 AM
Yep, Sqeak is the man, that's why we keep him around, well that and his cutsie pics of his daughter absolutely owning him, those are fun too.

squeak9798
08-04-2005, 12:33 PM
Yep, Sqeak is the man, that's why we keep him around, well that and his cutsie pics of his daughter absolutely owning him, those are fun too.

:smokin:

94CamryBumpin
08-04-2005, 12:52 PM
since his question was answered im gonna half-way thread jack since my question is about the same HU...and his was already answered...would i be able to put sirius sat. radio and teh ipod adapter on my 860 at the same time?

DaFreakinRican0
08-04-2005, 06:23 PM
im 99.9% sure but ime goin to do the same when i order mine. Sirius and ipod (through aux input). I am pretty sure because on the manul and pics online it says you can, just not sure with the actual ipod interface.

adam71
08-05-2005, 05:30 PM
I'm thinking of doing XM and Sirius at the same time just because I can. I already have XM but Sirius carries the NFL and I want it. :naughty: