PDA

View Full Version : Clarion ProAudio comps any good?

Glaucus
08-03-2005, 12:30 PM
Just wondering what the general consensus is on the new Clarion ProAudio gear. In particular, I'm interested in the Clarion SRS1685 (http://www.clarioncanada.com/en/products/subwoofers/SRS1685.html) (and no, it's not a subwoofer, even though it's listed in the subwoofer section of their website :rolleyes: ).

http://www.clarioncanada.com/en/products/images/medium/SRS1685_m.jpg

The reason I ask is that I've auditioned several different brands of speakers from various price points (Alpine, Focal, BA, JL, JBL, Infiniti, Diamond and a few others) and I keep going back to these Clarions. I found most other speakers were bright or just down right harsh, and the Clarions have a really sweet tweeter that I'm sure I could never get tired of. What surprises me is that there seems to be no mention of Clarion speakers on this forum, and my attempt to find reviews for these speakers on the net has been mostly unsuccessful. So what gives? Are these speakers shunned for some reason or are they just car audio's best kept secret?

- Mike

OCURIEL
08-03-2005, 06:13 PM
I own these. sound pretty good. tweeters are not harsh at all. very smooth. midbass is decent. i paid only $100 for this set. i'm sure you can't find a better component set for this price range.

Glaucus
08-04-2005, 04:43 PM
Yeah, for the price, these speakers do seem like quite the deal. I'm gonna keep looking around to see what else is out there, but so far I'm most interested in these. I wanna go re-listen to BA and Diamond speakers as they seem to be highly regarded around here...

The one issue with the Clarions is that their matching 6x9 (which I'd use for the rear) isn't that amazing, but then, who cares about the rears, right???

- Mike

3.5Max6spd
08-04-2005, 05:36 PM
I say if you are impressed by the way they sound, they appear to be right for you- go for them.

With the current market saturated with household brands, overseas niche brands, factory direct /internet sale companies and the % of DIY'ers in this hobby, lots of products dont get much attention. If you heard the difference with your own ears that has you proritizing that set based on your listening preferance, by all means............

Then come back and write a review on them.Good luck.