PDA

View Full Version : box for 15" xxx

iceteebone
08-03-2005, 10:07 AM
my 15" xxx should be arriving anytime soon so i need to construct a box for it. i've decided to go sealed because i just like the sound of a sealed box and spl is not a priority this point in my car audio life, so please don't say port it. with that being said, i was checking RE's specs and they say 2 cubes. for power i have an orion 2500D so i will be overpowering it. i was thinking 1.9 cubes before driver displacement, with some polyfill. i'm worried that it'll be too small. what do you guys think? by the way i listen to mostly nothing but rap, and again please don't recommend ported. ;)

psych0ticnemes1
08-03-2005, 10:11 AM
i don't think it'll be too small... why not go 2 cubes and watch your gain though???

iceteebone
08-03-2005, 10:13 AM
i don't think it'll be too small... why not go 2 cubes and watch your gain though???

because 1.9 will fit so nicely in my trunk ;) i could always go a little bigger though. i figured if i went small, i could always add polyfill. remember this is before driver displacement so the box will be more like 1.7 cubes.

psych0ticnemes1
08-03-2005, 10:24 AM
hmm... would definately add some polyfil... i believe if you can polyfil it so that the sub sees 2 or so cubes you'd be good to go and it would sound oh so good :)