PDA

View Full Version : Crutchfield to sell Eclipse decks?

BodegaBay
08-03-2005, 03:30 AM
I don't think this has been mentioned yet on this forum but I read from another forum that Eclipse head units will be sold through Crutchfield soon. The customer was inquiring about a Clarion H/U issue and mentioned Eclipse for comparison. The Crutchfield Tech Support guy then mentioned that Crutcfield will eventually sell Eclipse since his computer database shows all new SKUs entered for Eclipse models.

I like it. I don't feel Crutchfield will "cheapen" the brand at all as Crutchfield -selling mostly on MAP/MSRP- has a good reputation for customer service, warranty support, and lifetime tech support. I just hope Eclipse holds the line with quality as they continue to penetrate the market.

JonJT
08-03-2005, 11:33 AM
Well, we will finally have a website with more information about the head units than the crappy manufacturer website, along with large picturers. The problem, though, is Crutchfield will probably inflate the price.

iceteebone
08-03-2005, 11:35 AM
could you imagine how much an 8455 would cost there?

3.5Max6spd
08-03-2005, 11:42 AM
i doubt they will inflate any prices, crutchfield has always been true to manufacturer MSRP. If anything they will offer what currently is not available with Eclipse through dealer networks, periodically discounts and deals- as they will actually have a large inventory buying in bulk.

All I know is that this a great thing for those who cry that they dont have a local Eclipse dealer and ******* at the time when lines go out, and new ones come in- he'll there would be a bunch of people psyched to pick up discontinued model like an 8454 at a sweet price with the warranty and CS service backing of a company like crutchfield.

OdieTRP
08-03-2005, 01:35 PM
Their sales can sometimes be pretty spectacular too. Look at the Alpine sale they have every year before the new models come out.

BodegaBay
08-03-2005, 01:44 PM
Max is right in that they are true to MSRP; they don't inflate prices beyond that. Add superb CS, lifetime technical support, free 3-day shipping (over $200), no sales tax (for most states) and it will be very attractive to buy Eclipse from Crutchfield. Local dealers seldom stray from Eclipse MSRP/MAP pricing so it will be a fairly level playing field to choose from.

And as Odie said, their sales on discontinued (or discontinuing) items are very good. Think of it, in 1~2 years years they'll could drastically reduce pricing on the 8455 (an extremely well made H/U, IMO) to make way for newer Eclipses!

strong*I*bumpin
08-03-2005, 01:51 PM
Max is right in that they are true to MSRP; they don't inflate prices beyond that. Add superb CS, lifetime technical support, free 3-day shipping (over $200), no sales tax (for most states) and it will be very attractive to buy Eclipse from Crutchfield. Local dealers seldom stray from Eclipse MSRP/MAP pricing so it will be a fairly level playing field to choose from.

And Odie as said, their sales on discontinued (or discontinuing) items are very good. Think of it -- in 1~2 years years they'll could drastically reduce pricing on the 8455 to make way for newer Eclipses!
and u get all the installation equipment(harness',dashkit,etc.)needed,also a step by step black & white installation illustration-that includes removing rear & front speakers & the head removal.

squeak9798
08-03-2005, 01:52 PM

Sure can.....exactly the same as it would cost at your local retailer.

As everyone else said (but it needs to be said again, as people obviously don't understand it)....Crutchfield does not inflate their prices at all. They price their items at MAP/MSRP, just the same as your local dealer. Sure, their prices are higher than other e-tailers....but that's because Crutchfield is an authorized dealer of every item they sell, unlike the "cheaper" e-tailers.

IMHO it would be a good move for Eclipse to go to Crutchfield. In all honesty, Eclipse is not a household name for car audio. And Crutchfield, being the "first stop" for most newbs just getting into car audio (or atleast it was when I was first starting out), it should help raise brand awareness and recognition, aswell as increase sales by making the products more easily available.

JonJT
08-03-2005, 05:52 PM
Ok, I retract my price statement. Otherwise, making crutchfield an authorized Eclipse dealer will do nothing but good for the company.

On a side note, I like the fact that Eclipse is not a household name in car audio, I like being descrete.

JLCivic
08-03-2005, 09:01 PM

IF Crutchfield ever sells Eclipse, my guess is they will have the exact same pricing as Eclipse's other authorized dealers. The question I ponder is how will warranty work. Eclipse offers a 1 year warranty if you install the deck. The warranty bumps to 3 years(best factory warranty available on a head unit, afaik) if an authorized dealer installs it. Many people who buy eclipses from crutchfield(again, assuming this does happen) will certainly not be near an eclipse dealer to have them install it.

BodegaBay
08-25-2005, 04:59 AM
Looks like they are beginning to stock some units...

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-qdEk6gxzegd/cgi-bin/ProdGroup.asp?g=168550&est=&search=eclipse&skipvs=T

http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/products/2005/099/h099AVN5435-f_LD-1.jpeg

BodegaBay
03-31-2006, 04:06 PM
Looks like CarDomain (http://www.cardomain.com/shopbrand/Eclipse?ref=6331b) is getting in on the action too. Looks like Eclipse is pushing for higher volumes with these reputable on-line internet retail giants. Kind of reminds me when Alpine made the push into mainstream market.

Regardless, I know where to get Eclipse (6spdcoupe, ahem) if I'm ever in the market for one.