PDA

View Full Version : port plugs...

vinylavenger
08-01-2005, 04:33 PM
i was looking for a way to get the very best of deeeeeeeeeep @** bass, and still be able to get proper tuning(sp) for spl also. i stumbled across port plugs. so, what i wanted to know is what (those of you that have/have seen)you found to be the "best" method/means of doing this. i just kinda need a little push in the proper direction. thanks.

fo0manchu
08-02-2005, 02:46 AM
what are port plugs? You can build a box with the apropriate port length and volume and get great lows.

Moe Lester
08-02-2005, 02:47 AM
interchangable ports for variable tuning.. say you love low low bass but you wanna do pretty well at a competition one day. you can just swap the port out for a higher tuned/larger port and you might gain a db or 2. when you are done, you can put in your low tuned port and enjoy some nice SQ

PhatTonyDeMarco
08-02-2005, 02:48 AM
Port plugs are not for a daily driver car. They are made for competition set ups, that the person might use for daily driving sometimes. It is just a plug that plugs up the port, either making it a sealed enclosure, or reducing the port area for when you do a comp, so the tuning is higher for SPL competitions.

Edit- **** you Moe....

Moe Lester
08-02-2005, 02:52 AM
:imdama:

Jdizzle
08-02-2005, 10:48 AM
posted in the wrong thread sorry