PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer or Other Recievers?

Untouchable11
08-01-2005, 08:41 AM
I'm looking for a good home reciever that will put out a stable ~100 watts per channel. I'm really really new to the home audio part, so I don't know ****. What are some good brands of home audio recievers? I've heard that Denon(sp) is pretty good? What are some other brands I should look for?

I saw this reciever at Best Buy locally :crap: is it any good?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7034121&productCategoryId=cat03031&type=product&cmp=++&id=1099395588649

Oh, BTW I plan on going with one sub(Atlas 15), and a set of book shelf speakers...

What is a good brand/type of plate amp?

These were referred to me on siN: http://www.rythmikaudio.com/nonservo_product.htm#350basic

JimJ
08-01-2005, 09:42 AM
Dollars to donuts that receiver won't do a solid 100wpc unclipped. Not like you need that much power anyway...

Get something like that, build your own main channel monitors and satellites, and call it a day. Something like 90, 92dB/W would kick *** - using all the same drivers for timbre matching.

The Rythmik Audio plate amp is a good choice.

93 saturn sl2
08-01-2005, 11:38 AM
I've got a Yamaha HTR-5660 and its the best receiver that I have ever owned. Sounds great.

Untouchable11
08-01-2005, 11:55 AM
Thanks Jack! I may pick this up today, depending on whether or not my bank account shows my paycheck from last week....

vettelovr1124
08-01-2005, 05:25 PM
Dollars to donuts that receiver won't do a solid 100wpc unclipped. Not like you need that much power anyway...

Get something like that, build your own main channel monitors and satellites, and call it a day. Something like 90, 92dB/W would kick *** - using all the same drivers for timbre matching.

The Rythmik Audio plate amp is a good choice.
Mmm...donuts.:)

I've had all good experiences with both Pioneer receivers and the Rythmik Audio plate amps. I like the MCACC on that particular receiver (I think that one has it)...especially since my home theatre isn't exactly set up on a perfect balance. But yeah, that receiver won't do 100...if that really meant anything.