PDA

View Full Version : Two preamp outs on HU, want to run 5 Channel amp?

View 1
07-31-2005, 07:36 PM
Forgive me if this is stupid, but since I dont really know much about car audio I have to ask. So let me see if I have this straight or not. On a HU that has 2 preamp outs you can run 2 amps, hence to 2 speakers each. Now if you wanted to hook up a 5 channel amp would you need a HU with 3 preamp outs, or could you hook up a 5 channel amp to just one of the preamp outs on the HU. And since it seems like they have them set up for front, rear, sub, would it be a problem in any way to run them off the one preamp??

Again sorry of this question is stupid.

djbass_mekanik
08-10-2005, 02:32 AM
ur going to have to split the front preouts from the deck to the front and rear inputs of the amp (using y rca adapters), and the rear preouts of the deck to the sub inputs of the amp... and dont worry about ur questions, not evryone knows evrything... weere all here to learn

adam71
08-10-2005, 06:30 AM
The best way to do this (keep in mind this isn't the cheapest way) is go with an outboard electronic crossover. This way would only have to use 1 set of pre outs.

Ok, one thing to ask you though. Are you running this 5 channel amp as FRONT, REAR, SUB or as LOW, MID, HIGH ????