PDA

View Full Version : H-U Overheating!



tip-c
07-31-2005, 06:43 PM
i dont know what to do anymore...
for some reason my Alpine 9831 Head Unit keeps overheating!
i dont know whats wrong...Can any one help out??

Thx

ToyTundra
07-31-2005, 08:36 PM
are you using the preamp outs or the internal amp? what speakers are being powered? what car?

MrWizzard
08-01-2005, 01:30 AM
LOL.... :laugh:

Sounds funny :) is it overheating, like getting hot and smoke coming out or gets hot and stops working? or is it just getting hot, like you're CDs are Hot? is it a new install? what speakers? how are they wired? are you running the speakers off the HU? etc....

Perhaps some more details would help a little...

tip-c
08-01-2005, 04:32 PM
its overheating and just stops to work till it cools down

its powering Alpine Type R 2005 speakers

no amp...powered directly from h-u

SSS 18734
08-01-2005, 04:45 PM
well if your playing your speakers loud in the middle of the hot summer and your car is parked outside, im not really surprised. I don't use the internal amp on my HU but it still gets very warm to the touch... but i've never had it shut off on my because of overheating.

How long do you play it before it overheats?

tip-c
08-01-2005, 04:51 PM
usualy when i get in the car its already hot and i play for a few minutes and it turns off