PDA

View Full Version : Kick Panel Idea

Shinobi
07-31-2005, 05:25 PM
For this project im sure I'll need to get a second amplifier probably the same exact one ill use on my components. My idea is is my kick panels are large enough to house two 6.5" speakers and a tweeter. I was considering making a very nice 3 way system in my kicks. Here let me show you a picture of what someone has already done with kicks similar to mine.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/Vengure/KickPanelIdea.jpg

I was thinking of using a 6.5" midbass in ther bottom and my midrange above the midbass and then my tweeter so basically exactly like the picture shows. nw my only thought would be would the midbass drown out my midrange in this or does this seem like a good idea?

OlogyAudio
07-31-2005, 05:39 PM
For this project im sure I'll need to get a second amplifier probably the same exact one ill use on my components. My idea is is my kick panels are large enough to house two 6.5" speakers and a tweeter. I was considering making a very nice 3 way system in my kicks. Here let me show you a picture of what someone has already done with kicks similar to mine.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/Vengure/KickPanelIdea.jpg

I was thinking of using a 6.5" midbass in ther bottom and my midrange above the midbass and then my tweeter so basically exactly like the picture shows. nw my only thought would be would the midbass drown out my midrange in this or does this seem like a good idea?

It is a great idea :) -- Infact I'm going to be designing a 3 way using the Dayton RS tweeter, Seas MP midrange (SIMPLY AWESOME FOR THE PRICE -- or at any price...) and the XXX midwoofer... think ya can fit an 8" RS ? and a 6" or 7" RS and the RS tweeter? because that would be amazing as well...
www.partsexpress.com -- search Dayton RS28 for the tweeter Dayton rs150 for the 6" dayton rs180 for the 7" dayton rs225 for the 8"

What sort of price range are you looking at btw?

Shinobi
07-31-2005, 06:36 PM
Do you plan on building your own crossover or using a prebuilt one fro ma component set ? I was lookinbg into a few brands for my components and possibly the ED EU-700 for my midbass . My budget wuld be about 250 for comps I preferably like swivel tweets but I'd like some comps that are SQL with 75 rms or if they needed mre they would have to be 2ohm comps b/c of my amp . My amp puts out 75rms x2 at 4ohm and 150rms x2 at 2ohm both stereo I dont care to bridge it for the comps b/c I would loose stereo output.

OlogyAudio
07-31-2005, 09:46 PM
Do you plan on building your own crossover or using a prebuilt one fro ma component set ? I was lookinbg into a few brands for my components and possibly the ED EU-700 for my midbass . My budget wuld be about 250 for comps I preferably like swivel tweets but I'd like some comps that are SQL with 75 rms or if they needed mre they would have to be 2ohm comps b/c of my amp . My amp puts out 75rms x2 at 4ohm and 150rms x2 at 2ohm both stereo I dont care to bridge it for the comps b/c I would loose stereo output.

Design and build my own.
Check your PM box btw...

iceteebone
08-01-2005, 02:01 AM
i'm confused. all i see is a door?

squeak9798
08-01-2005, 02:26 AM
i'm confused. all i see is a door?

:word:

I see nothing in the kickpanel there. Only a pair of door mounted mids (and looks like maybe a tweeter).

Either way....you'll want to separate the airspace of the midrange and midbass if you are going to do a 3-way in your door.

Shinobi
08-01-2005, 11:04 PM
Sorry fellas I named the title wrong heh I was going to do a kick panel midbass with my door speakers but then I foud that pic and never changed the title doh!