PDA

View Full Version : any particular reason why...

norcalSRTrida
07-31-2005, 01:33 PM
any particular reason why most ppl dont place tweets in the back door panels or in some location in the back?

im ordering new edi 6500 comps and plan on still using my kicker tweets (they dont sound to shabby at all) in the back along w/ the 6x9's to help create a fuller soundstage.

is that a bad idea?

and what do i need to add/do/or change to my system being that im adding an extra set f speakers?

i plan on powering my 6500's w/ the nine.2, and just use the HU to power the rear 6x9s and tweets.

and why do alot of people take out their rear fill?

albarran9
07-31-2005, 01:38 PM
first off if you add rear fill your sound stage will change. the sound might get ****** to the middle or back instead of the front. if you are gonna add rear fill, go with some thing with less power in the back so that the sound dosent get ****** back too much. the only reason i'd add rear fill to my car is if i had ppl constanly in my back seat and cared about them enough to get a cheap pair of speakers for them to listen to in the back. it really isnt nessesary if your front stage is loud enough.

norcalSRTrida
07-31-2005, 01:42 PM
first off if you add rear fill your sound stage will change. the sound might get ****** to the middle or back instead of the front. if you are gonna add rear fill, go with some thing with less power in the back so that the sound dosent get ****** back too much. the only reason i'd add rear fill to my car is if i had ppl constanly in my back seat and cared about them enough to get a cheap pair of speakers for them to listen to in the back. it really isnt nessesary if your front stage is loud enough.

yes im sure the sound stage will change...thats what im looking for...something to blend everything to gether nicely.

the backs would only be powered by my HU and fronts would be getting 100-150w, so the backs definately wont over power the fronts.

and will 2 pairs of tweets in my car be too much highs? maybe just use my 6.5s in the back?

i just dont feel like wasting a perfectly fine set of kicker comps, when i could put them to use in the rear.

albarran9
07-31-2005, 01:45 PM
i dont think that running a comp set off of a hu would make very much difference if you have 100 watt set up in the front. 2 sets of tweets would be ok if you get them positioned right. you might just play with them in diff loactions and see what that sounds like and if you like the sound of it.

OlogyAudio
07-31-2005, 01:46 PM
If you can manage I'd wait on that ed 6500 unless you are getting a nice deal... Someone that has those particular drivers is getting a component set from me (about the same price as the ED btw) -- he already has the dayton drivers and is just running them with the old ED xover which is FAR from ideal and noticed a very large improvement in SQ even with the old xover... He is ordering the proper xover monday and I'd immagine have it installed fairly quickly...

As for why people don't use rear fill -- they don't want a huge messy undefined soundstage... They want the sound to sound real, like it is coming from a stage of performers infront of them and you can place where the performers are on the stage as if they were actually there due to left/right balence and comb filtering that is inherent in the recordings due to the recording environment... If you have multible drivers in the rear playing the same frequencies as the ones up front you get tons of nulls (comb filtering in a huge way) and this completely masks the information that was recorded... That is why :)

If you have rear fill... have the speakers be less sensitive than the front ones at the least... it makes the nulls less pronounced...

JimJ
07-31-2005, 01:49 PM
^^^

Werd.

Unless you're listening to DVD audio in a real 5.1 or 7.1 surround environment, you're not going to want a lot of material to come from behind you.

albarran9
07-31-2005, 01:54 PM
i just though of a good example. i was given' a pair of comps by my dad that he bought for me befor he knew i had already bough a set my self. so now i had 2 sets of comps and being the person that i am it seemed like a waste to not use them both. so i put my good set up from and my dads in the back. well i didnt like the sound one bit. the comps in the back stole the fronts of thire rich crisp and warm sound.

simon21
07-31-2005, 02:02 PM
I tried the same thing and it actually sounded better for me. Give it a try and if you don't like it, you can always take it out.