PDA

View Full Version : box?

netherland24
07-29-2005, 10:57 PM
well since i really dont plan on puttin my alpine stuff in my car cause it could get stolen. i was wondering if i made a box to put in my room saying just my HU and 4 speakers basic nottin fancy would it work alright? i have a power regulator to give too the HU so powering it up isnt a problem. what do u think? and have u done this urself? and any ideas on how to design it?

InhumanAcura
07-29-2005, 11:00 PM
why so worried about it getting stolen? or did i miss something?

<----doesnt have anything in daily driver for the same reason

netherland24
07-29-2005, 11:26 PM
well i have a old car and i park it out side allday even at work and i loved my van before i recked it with a nice system. but this car will just have some basic stuff i mean new speakers and stock HU other then that nottin else i want too do to it. but i wouild love to have my Alpine R type 6.5 and 5x7's in my room working with a HU i have laying here.

ruckus
07-29-2005, 11:28 PM
well since i really dont plan on puttin my alpine stuff in my car cause it could get stolen. i was wondering if i made a box to put in my room saying just my HU and 4 speakers basic nottin fancy would it work alright? i have a power regulator to give too the HU so powering it up isnt a problem. what do u think? and have u done this urself? and any ideas on how to design it?
truckers use to do it all the time. they made a box with the HU, CB, speakers and it all plugged into their cigarette lighter. it would sit on the passenger seat and magnetic antennas for the radio and cb clamped out the window.

JimJ
07-30-2005, 12:37 AM
It'll work, sure...

netherland24
07-30-2005, 12:46 AM
well i just want it in my room anyone have any box designs or ideas on how it should be?