PDA

View Full Version : box for 99 reg cab ranger

MarineGYSGT
07-29-2005, 08:16 PM
Hello,
I have a question and I put it on the Ranger website but havent gotten anything back on it either. I was wondering if anybody here can either get me some plans or actually build me a box for 1 12 ported for a std cab ranger with minimum loss of leg room. I dont know if it can be done I have 2 12's there now and I lost leg room. Alot lol. I would like to get some back or can somebody build me a box that with hold 2 12's sealed. I have Kicker comp 4 ohms SVC with a KX 600.1 pushing them.

I also would like to know if a ported box in there with 1 12 would sound as good as the 2 in there now or better? I hope somebody out here can help me. My email addy is [email protected] Thanks for the help.

MarineGYSGT
07-30-2005, 09:57 AM
Just want to give this a bump to see if anybody can help me. I came back from Iraq and lost all of of my info I had before I left. I cant remember the guys name but somebody did tell me this was possible. I just dont remember. Hope somebody can help me out.

tmilla
07-30-2005, 03:11 PM
i would also like to know if this would work

PowerdByGuiness
07-30-2005, 05:29 PM
it depends on your space. give your cab a measure and then go to www.rockfordfosgate.com and look for the box calculator. input the space and see how much space you have and match it to a woofer than can perform in that space.

a ported box will soudn good with one woofer. id even recommend a 10 because on average they wll be thinner and fit better

thanks for your work in iraq, ppreciate it

MarineGYSGT
07-30-2005, 07:36 PM
Hey PoweredbyGuiness Your thanks is truly appreciated but not necessary. I did it because I love this country and will do what is required to keep us free. Also thank you very much for the help for the box dimensions.

PowerdByGuiness
07-31-2005, 02:36 PM
hey bud

id recommend that you search for another sub to match up with your amp. something that performs well in a 1.25-2 cubic feet environment. definitely wont work in a regular cab truck

your kicker comps require HUGE airspace to work effectively. i recommend a single 10 to your amp in a ported box. look at incriminator audio. they have shallower 10's that will pound you silly and be able to fit well in your truck

Jdizzle
09-29-2005, 11:11 AM
its possible with to do that with a 99 because 98-present has 3inches more cab area than my 95 n 96 do, and i had a single 12 in mine without loosing leg room, my buddy has a 98 and he built 2 boxes for his truck i can try to get some plans from him in a cupple days