PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse CD 5444 Questions

Justintoxicated
07-29-2005, 02:31 PM
Ok So I was loving this HU untill I found some of it's limitations.

1) it has a selectable crossover point but I belive it affects both the front and rear channels. Now if my fronts are running off passive crossovers and rear is running off amp I guess I can turn this option off and just use the passive crossovers right?

2)I have to use Advanced mode to use Time Alignment, the Time alignment makes the system sound great. However it does not enable me to fade front to back when using time alignment!

I wanted to run some XXX Midranges or EU700 Elemental Dersigns Midbasses for my rear Door Speakers but I would have no way to controll their output! I could hook them to the Sub output but then they would turn up or down with the subwoofer.

So then is my only option with this HU to compleatly remove the rear-door speakers?

I'm thinking I wasted my money and I'm about to replace my brand new HU ! :(

3) There is no pause button, instead, when my phone rings I have to turn off the HU, or Change it to Radio then press mute.

ls1pimp
08-08-2005, 07:56 PM
why couldn't i have read this before i just bought this HU? :(

ls1pimp
08-08-2005, 08:00 PM
Looks like im gonna have to return this HU back to the place i got it from, and pick up a 5425. :(

JLCivic
08-08-2005, 09:19 PM
Looks like im gonna have to return this HU back to the place i got it from, and pick up a 5425. :(

Good luck with that. They may not take it back.

ls1pimp
08-08-2005, 10:00 PM
Good luck with that. They may not take it back.

Well if they don't, guess ill have to sell it. :dunno: No way am i spending 250 bucks on a Headunit w only a 2 band EQ on it. :crap: Funny becuae i was told this one has better tuning on it then the 5425, meanwhile this one only has a 2 band eq on it, at least the 5425 has a 3 band.

Mr. Opportunist
08-08-2005, 10:03 PM
this thread isnt about what you feel about something you dont have, the ed eu700s arent midbass drivers, they are strictly subs, eliminating rear door speakers would help imaging.

JLCivic
08-08-2005, 10:28 PM
Well if they don't, guess ill have to sell it. :dunno: No way am i spending 250 bucks on a Headunit w only a 2 band EQ on it. :crap: Funny becuae i was told this one has better tuning on it then the 5425, meanwhile this one only has a 2 band eq on it, at least the 5425 has a 3 band.

....and when you had Eclipse on the phone asking about the warranty, you could have asked them if it had atleast a 3 band eq. I can't remember if it does or not. I think it has some kind of eq functions on it.

You might be amazed how good an eclipse sounds, set flat, I always have been.

ls1pimp
08-08-2005, 10:37 PM
....and when you had Eclipse on the phone asking about the warranty, you could have asked them if it had atleast a 3 band eq. I can't remember if it does or not. I think it has some kind of eq functions on it.

You might be amazed how good an eclipse sounds, set flat.

I actually did ask them, and the guy on the phone told me it had a 15 band EQ, then he said he went through the HU and all you could change was Bass and Treble. :uhoh:

JLCivic
08-08-2005, 10:43 PM
I actually did ask them, and the guy on the phone told me it had a 15 band EQ, then he said he went through the HU and all you could change was Bass and Treble. :uhoh:

Ok, so if you asked and he seemed unsure, why did you go ahead and order the deck? You insist that you need a mid control, and you did not know if the 5444 had it or not(per your conversation with the eclipse guy). You could have just gone to the local shop and picked up an '05 that you KNEW had the mid control. Your line of reasoning through much of this entire ordeal(shouldn't really be much of an ordeal at all) baffles me.

The CD5444 has some soundfield presets according to the lit(a 30 second google search gets you that info). Many head units nowadays don't even have bass/treble/mid and are going with extensive eqs. I think the day is coming(unfortunately) when bass/treble/mid controls will be very rare.

Now, whether that 5444 has a mid control OR just the different eq presets, I don't know. I have not messed with a 5444 much. Again, you might be very impressed with how the deck sounds, set flat. If you think it just is not going to make you happy(you just ordered it today, right?....have they shipped it?). IF they have not shipped it, they should probably allow you to cancel the order. If you already have the deck and have opened/installed it, a shop may not take it back.

IMO, you are getting very worked up over nothing. Many people have used the 5444 with great results.

ls1pimp
08-08-2005, 10:47 PM
The CD5444 has some soundfield presets according to the lit(a 30 second google search gets you that info). Many head units nowadays don't even have bass/treble/mid and are going with extensive eqs. I think the day is coming(unfortunately) when bass/treble/mid controls will be very rare.

Now, whether that 5444 has a mid control OR just the different eq presets, I don't know. I have not messed with a 5444 much. Again, you might be very impressed with how the deck sounds, set flat. If you think it just is not going to make you happy(you just ordered it today, right?....have they shipped it?). IF they have not shipped it, they should probably allow you to cancel the order. If you already have the deck and have opened/installed it, a shop may not take it back.

IMO, you are getting very worked up over nothing. Many people have used the 5444 with great results.

Yeah it shipped already. Google search returned nothing worthwhile, some site said it has a "1 band Paramateric EQ" and another site said it has a "Graphic EQ/Harmonizer" but didn't say how many bands. :eyebrow:

ls1pimp
08-08-2005, 10:48 PM
Its just people told me on this forum and on others that the 5444 is "better" than the 5425 i was looking at, and has more tuning options, yet from what i see now it looks like it has less. BTW i ordered it before i called, i read up alot on it, and it seemed to have what i wanted so i ordered it. Than I second guessed what i heard and called up Eclipse to verify, and what i heard wound up conflicting with what the Eclipse rep told me. :eyebrow:

JLCivic
08-08-2005, 10:52 PM
Yeah it shipped already. Google search returned nothing worthwhile, some site said it has a "1 band Paramateric EQ" and another site said it has a "Graphic EQ/Harmonizer" but didn't say how many bands. :eyebrow:

The 04 eclipse deck brochure can be downloaded and that mentions the soundfield presets(which is exactly what I said I found via the google search). If the eclipse dealer contradicted himself(he may have simply forgotten some about that deck since it is not a current model), you could have just asked Eclipse when you had them on the phone or call them back and confirm ONCE that guy contradicted himself.

The 5444 might be a better deck. It has the memory stick feature which some may like, the soundfield presets, etc. Whether it is better TO YOU, only you will know for sure.

JLCivic
08-08-2005, 10:57 PM
Its just people told me on this forum and on others that the 5444 is "better" than the 5425 i was looking at, and has more tuning options, yet from what i see now it looks like it has less. BTW i ordered it before i called, i read up alot on it, and it seemed to have what i wanted so i ordered it. Than I second guessed what i heard and called up Eclipse to verify, and what i heard wound up conflicting with what the Eclipse rep told me. :eyebrow:

I am assuming you are pretty young, and please take this constructively. I hope this situation has taught you some things. The first thing would be, given how paranoid you seem to be when you get information from people(rightfully so, in some instances), not calling eclipse to confirm BEFORE ordering the deck was a mistake.

Now, you have a deck on the way that MAY sound absolutely great to you without any adjustment at all.

Here are your options:

1) call the seller and ask if you can ship it back, unopened for a refund

2) just install the deck and see what you think. If you decide that it isn't what you want, sell it on ebay or to a friend, etc. I doubt you will lose much, if any $$$ on the deal. You may find that it is just fine in your install.

Good luck with your system.

ls1pimp
08-08-2005, 10:57 PM
The 04 eclipse deck brochure can be downloaded and that mentions the soundfield presets(which is exactly what I said I found via the google search). If the eclipse dealer contradicted himself(he may have simply forgotten some about that deck since it is not a current model), you could have just asked Eclipse when you had them on the phone or call them back and confirm ONCE that guy contradicted himself.

The 5444 might be a better deck. It has the memory stick feature which some may like, the soundfield presets, etc. Whether it is better TO YOU, only you will know for sure.

can you link me to the brocuhure, i can't find it on google. :(

ls1pimp
08-08-2005, 10:59 PM
I am assuming you are pretty young, and please take this constructively. I hope this situation has taught you some things. The first thing would be, given how paranoid you seem to be when you get information from people(rightfully so, in some instances), not calling eclipse to confirm BEFORE ordering the deck was a mistake.

Now, you have a deck on the way that MAY sound absolutely great to you without any adjustment at all.

Here are your options:

1) call the seller and ask if you can ship it back, unopened for a refund

2) just install the deck and see what you think. If you decide that it isn't what you want, sell it on ebay or to a friend, etc. I doubt you will lose much, if any $$$ on the deal. You may find that it is just fine in your install.

Good luck with your system.

Thanks, it should be hear tommorow, so hopefully i can figure out what to do by then. Its from a retail store too, so that might make it easier. Im not that young, just turned 20. ;)

JLCivic
08-08-2005, 11:01 PM
can you link me to the brocuhure, i can't find it on google. :(

www.billswebspace.com/eclipsecd.pdf

ls1pimp
08-08-2005, 11:08 PM
www.billswebspace.com/eclipsecd.pdf

:)

ls1pimp
08-08-2005, 11:13 PM
That Brochure answered all my questions thank!! U rule!!! And BTW i had no clue the 5444 was the second to top of the line HU model that Eclipse sold last year. It must be leaps and bounds ahead of the 5425 in that case. :)

edit: Well not all of them, according to that it says the 5444 does not have a parametric EQ on it, and all it has is a Graphic EQ. :(\

edit #2 : Nevermind, i found in the brochure that the Graphic EQ is a 13 band Equalizer, thats more than enough for what i need. :D All is well! :veryhapp: