PDA

View Full Version : SOO mad panasonic CQ-C8100U

NhustlaR
07-28-2005, 10:30 PM
Got this POS head unit in january of last year, used it with a couple infinity kappas and I loved it. Just got 2 MA hk1000d monos with 2 L7 12's.....NON STOP SKIPPING. I have a switch for the remote so I can turn off the bass, doesnt skip when the booming is off. I cant even roll into the city bumpin anymore :crying: has some phat features and settings on it tho :naughty: haha anyone lookin to buy one of these HU's with the tilt, DONT DO IT!!!!!!!!! It might be suitable if youre ridin grandma style. gonna see if I can get it serviced or somethin? dont know what to do

stones
07-28-2005, 10:38 PM
That is not normal operation.
When you say skips, you may be mistaken for cuts out, if your electrical system is weak and the voltage drops below 11 volts when the bass hits the HU will cut out.
Get your voltage checked with the system bumping, it shouldn't go below 11 volts
There is the possibility that there is a flaw in your HU and that it just needs to be serviced.

NhustlaR
07-29-2005, 11:45 AM
yeah I thought that at first and checked it but im above 11 when the car is on and off. I turned it on yesterday after I got out of work and it worked fine. weird isht. I have to send it in to buffalo to get it serviced so no music for at least a week