PDA

View Full Version : Sound deadening

Ceezer
07-28-2005, 06:28 PM
Doing my doors this weekend, and had a question about the egg foam. There was none available in this town, and Wal-Mart only had some new stuff they carry. It's still similar material, does the shape of it matter that much? Also, how do I adhere it to the dynamat? Will the silicon I have bond to it, or do I need some kind of special glue?

Oh, and the only non-hardening clay I could find was in sticks of rainbow colors... :blush:

Justintoxicated
07-28-2005, 08:28 PM
you could use Weather stripping foam tape instead of clay if you can mount it with bolts instead of screws. then you can really damped the MDF and keep a good seal.

I don't thinkt he shape of foam matters much. I used ensolite foam from RAAMAT, it's super thin and is flat but has acoustical properties.

lyttleviet
07-28-2005, 10:58 PM
you could use Weather stripping foam tape instead of clay if you can mount it with bolts instead of screws. then you can really damped the MDF and keep a good seal.

I don't thinkt he shape of foam matters much. I used ensolite foam from RAAMAT, it's super thin and is flat but has acoustical properties.
if you dont use RAAM AUDIO's spray what else can u use to make it stick? I have a box of ensolite but I dont know what to use tomorrow to make it stick.

Ceezer
07-29-2005, 09:38 AM
That's my primary question. Do I need some automotive carpet spray, or can I just adhere it with silocone, or what?

Justintoxicated
07-29-2005, 12:20 PM
I used THeir Spray but I don't have enough to finish my truck, I'm jsut going to go to home depo and find some spray that says it will work witht he same surfaces and use that....