PDA

View Full Version : A suggestion: Trader Rating

alphakenny1
07-28-2005, 04:51 PM
Sorry to moderators and admins, i was looking for a suggestion section in the forum but i couldn't find one.

Anyways i was suggesting that we have actual trader ratings for each member here. since so many transactions occur through this forum i think this is a better and easier way to find out if the seller/buyer is legit. i find it inconvenient that this forum has a section where after EACH transaction we will post the experience with regards to another person. EACH time. i mean we don't have to post a thread but if we want to reward the other person for a smooth transaction then we have to create a thread to do so.

another thing is that if you are possibly interested in buying something from someone and would like to find out if the person is legit then with the current setup we would either go to this section and look through all the threads with regards to the member's name. or you would have to click on search and then advanced search (specifying that you would like to find a member's name under the buy/seller feedback section) and then type in the member's name. once you do that, all the threads regarding the member's name comes up. it doesn't stop there. all the threads that come up with the member's name, maybe some of them will be the member giving props to another member, which this information is no importance to you because you want to know if he's a legit seller (in most cases). then you have to click on each every thread to read the experiences with that person you are interested in buying from.

again what i am suggesting is each member has a trader rating. basically exactly how ebay does their ratings. let's say i just bought a sub from a member. the transaction went real smoothe. i want to leave feedback. all i would have to do is click on the persons profile. in the profile there is a trader rating where i could leave feedback. i click on it and either choose negative, neutral or positive. and leave a comment. and thats it. if that person plans on selling something else and other people are intersted, they could go to the post of the that person and click on their trader rating and they could see the feedback that i left. not only that, but it will show all other transactions that person went through and the other feedback from other members as well all in one page. IMO, this is much easier then going through a whole section of names or finding that particular member.

i basically took this from another forum that i am a member of and i find it very convenient. easy and very helpful.

FYI, the forum i am referring to is www.v6performance.net
if you go to the forum and just click on any thread, each and every member has a trader rating profile right there for everyone to see each and every time a member makes a post. once you click on the trader rating, its easy just leave feedback and thats it.

i hope you take this into consideration instead of the current setup.

i don't know if this is appropiate so please delete it if its not but i just wanted to make a suggestion that can possibly help everyone on this forum :D .

zachzchw
07-28-2005, 04:52 PM
Not a bad idea. But, you can always simply ask the person youre going to deal with to provide references.

iceteebone
07-28-2005, 04:54 PM
just ask the seller to provide feedback. it's not as hard as you make it out to be.

cjjackson85
07-28-2005, 04:55 PM
My references are listed in my profile...

alphakenny1
07-28-2005, 05:17 PM
iceteebone and zachzchw: i know its not hard but i just wanted an easier to way to find things out thats all. the way i suggested will immediately get the you the information that you need. instead of asking for references, then waiting. what if he lags? then you gotta wait.

cjjackson85: that maybe true but does everyone have their references in their profile? nope.

again this is just a suggestion.

Prowler573
07-28-2005, 06:07 PM
alphakenny1:

I agree with you on this one. The one and only sale I have made on this forum was a pair of Kenwood amplifiers that sold to someone who wandered over here from the forums at 7thGenCivic.com. After the deal was done (buyer sent the $$, I shipped the gear and he received it in good order) I went to make a thread on 7thGenCivic to let the folks over there know I had a good experience with this guy and what I found was not only a feedback thread section similiar to what we have here but also an eBay-style trader rating system in place akin to what you suggested above. You can leave someone a positive, neutral, or negative with a short comment describing your experience.

As previously posted in this thread - the current structure we have here is sufficient. It doesn't need to be revamped or added to, but IMO the eBay-style system would make trader ratings much more easily (quickly) accessible for prospective buyers.

94CamryBumpin
07-30-2005, 06:57 PM
alphakenny1:

I agree with you on this one. The one and only sale I have made on this forum was a pair of Kenwood amplifiers that sold to someone who wandered over here from the forums at 7thGenCivic.com. After the deal was done (buyer sent the $$, I shipped the gear and he received it in good order) I went to make a thread on 7thGenCivic to let the folks over there know I had a good experience with this guy and what I found was not only a feedback thread section similiar to what we have here but also an eBay-style trader rating system in place akin to what you suggested above. You can leave someone a positive, neutral, or negative with a short comment describing your experience.

As previously posted in this thread - the current structure we have here is sufficient. It doesn't need to be revamped or added to, but IMO the eBay-style system would make trader ratings much more easily (quickly) accessible for prospective buyers.

^word

ruckus
07-30-2005, 11:05 PM
why not use something like heatware.com? keeps everything in one place and it even lets you know how many transactions the people leaving feedback have. I been using heatware for years on hardforum and anandtech forums.

http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=8649

folgrz
07-31-2005, 11:06 AM
just signed up for that heatware thing

going to be using that now

bimma85
07-31-2005, 11:32 AM
just signed up for that heatware thing

going to be using that now
x2 bump for more to see....interesting

JimJ
07-31-2005, 11:34 AM
SIN & ICIX are two examples of boards that I go on that have a trader-rating system in place. I'm not sure if the board's software here is set up like that, but it's worth checking out.

I would be in favor of a system like that.

foreman
07-31-2005, 07:13 PM
Problem with heatware is being consistant. I have heatware, but only 2 0r 3 people left feedback for me..........