PDA

View Full Version : Best value for 4" speakers

againstalloddz
07-26-2005, 09:35 PM
My car has two 4" speakers in the rear... two 4" speakers in the door panel... and 1" tweeters above the door somewhere. I was planning on replacing all of these, and eventually have a small amp run them. I have a couple of questions though.

1. I was told that I could fit 5.25 or 6.5" speakers in the rear with a little modification. Is this worth the work/money? I mean does it make a big difference to have either of those instead of the 4" ones?

2. Which speakers do you guys recommend? I'm looking for something that's cheap, but worth the price... not top of the line or the best speakers out there. I just need some good SQ, and something reliable.

stones
07-26-2005, 09:37 PM
I like the JVC coaxials for budget speakers, I have owned several of the blue cone ones in all sorts of sizes and was very happy with how they sounded.

againstalloddz
07-27-2005, 02:30 AM
thanx! any other recommendations? i wanna look at a few different ones and compare.

also... do you guys think it's worth doing a little cutting and putting in 5.25 or 6.5 speakers?

flakko
07-27-2005, 02:32 AM
Infinity kappa's nice and loud for around 60 something and a crossover. good stuff

Pistonsfan70
07-28-2005, 04:57 PM
Diamond HEX 4" comps... they can get VERY LOUD!!!!!!!! Most people are surprised I only have 2 4" speakers playing my loud music (I also have the mid-bass add-on)
Don't get them online though, go to a Diamond dealer. They have a 3 year warranty!! If you're just starting out in car audio like me, you're gonna go through some equipment (at least i did, blew some crap) Warranties SAVED ME!!
Diamond and Elemental Designs have VERY good products and 3 year warranties... hope this helps!

http://cgi.ebay.com/diamond-audio-s400-hex-series-components_W0QQitemZ5793051792QQcategoryZ18800QQss PageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

(alot cheaper on EBay, I've never heard of people blowing a Diamond speaker but the X-overs will if abused, but you can always buy a X-over on EBay)