PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think about these???

skierxx5556
07-26-2005, 06:29 PM
So im looking into getting some new mids for my front stage i currently have the rainbow CS-230 mids up there which are 5.25" but i have been looking into putting some illusion audio 8" mids up front and moving the 5.25" into the back just for a little rear fill. I am just wondering what people thought of these illusion speakers... btw they will be going into an 03 maxima.

heres the specs the model would be nd8i
http://www.illusionaudio.com/docs/carbon_rd.htm

creater
07-26-2005, 06:32 PM
htey look good but i have never had an experience with them

3.5Max6spd
07-26-2005, 06:54 PM
nd8i's are as good a mid as money can buy

I dont recommend using mids as rearfill, tried it once-sounds like as s

skierxx5556
07-26-2005, 07:05 PM
nd8i's are as good a mid as money can buy

I dont recommend using mids as rearfill, tried it once-sounds like as s

really? why do they sound so bad? what would you recomend just eliminating the rear stage? if i did do that do you think that passengers would no be able to hear the music?

3.5Max6spd
07-26-2005, 07:13 PM
really? why do they sound so bad? what would you recomend just eliminating the rear stage? if i did do that do you think that passengers would no be able to hear the music?

if you want rear fill then use a coax, but a mid sounds muddy rolling off back there-from sitting in the front there will be a tad 'fuller' sound as midbass is concerned but it draws you towards the back-And from the back seat- not enough detail on the high end to do what you want it to do for passengers. They still will feel as all they hear is bass, not getting enough of that higher register information to sound 'whole'.

In that case more is not better. Even though I dont run/care for rearfill- a coax is the way to go as it will sound better that what you proposed.

skierxx5556
07-26-2005, 07:22 PM
if you want rear fill then use a coax, but a mid sounds muddy rolling off back there-from sitting in the front there will be a tad 'fuller' sound as midbass is concerned but it draws you towards the back-And from the back seat- not enough detail on the high end to do what you want it to do for passengers. They still will feel as all they hear is bass, not getting enough of that higher register information to sound 'whole'.

In that case more is not better. Even though I dont run/care for rearfill- a coax is the way to go as it will sound better that what you proposed.

so would you recomend no rear fill baised on your experience?