PDA

View Full Version : antennae up and down when changing cds

mikesnissan240s
07-26-2005, 04:54 AM
Every time I take a cd out to put a new one in ,my power ant. goes down.It goes back up when I put a cd back in.I am sure I hooked up the blue antennae wire wrong.I had it hooked up the right way before,but now I dont remember what it gets connected to.It is only supposed to be up when the tuner is on not the cd player.What does the ant wire get connected to?Thanks for anyones help.

stones
07-26-2005, 05:48 AM
Most of the new HU's these days have two remote on wires, one turns on with the HU and stays on, the other will only turn on when the radio is on to activate the power antenna if your vehicle is equipped with one.
It sounds like you simply mixed these wires up, refer to your manual and it should tell you which is which.

mikesnissan240s
07-26-2005, 06:03 AM
Thanks Stones.You are always a big help.

mikesnissan240s
07-26-2005, 06:12 AM
The manual says not to hook the blue/white lead to the amps power terminal or the power ant. because it could cause malfunction or excessive current drain.Now I am just confused.So what gets hooked where? :crazy:

stones
07-26-2005, 06:43 AM
I think they get insane retarded monkeys to write those manuals somtimes :laugh: what they mean is don't hook a bunch of stuff up to the remote on lead because it can only handle a small amount of current draw (it can only turn on so many things).
Just splice the main remote on wire to both the amp and the antenna, it should have enough current to switch both without problems.
This way when you turn your HU on the antenna will go up and stay up untill you shut the HU off.
Use the wiring diagram chart in the manual, it should have the seperate remote on wires labeled, use the main remote on for the amp and the antenna and just cap the secondary off with some tape or a crimp.

Acidburn
07-26-2005, 06:49 AM
is it a Pioneer HU?
my Pio only has a REM wire (no power ant. wire) so it's hooked up to the power antenna as well
my antenna goes up and down whenever i change CDs as well, i think it's just because when you eject, it turns the HU off (kind of but you know what i mean) and therefore cuts power to the REM wire
i dont really worry about it, its not that annoying

mikesnissan240s
07-26-2005, 06:49 AM
Thats how I have it now.There is only one wire on the hu.What else would cause the ant to go up and down like that.I am going to wear that thing out changing cd's.I agree about the retarded monkeyslol.

mikesnissan240s
07-26-2005, 06:54 AM
yeah its a pioneer deh4700.That makes sense.My old cd player didnt have the flip down face.It was a cheap crappy sony.It all makes sense now.I knew I Had it wired correctly.Thanks guys.You guys are so knowledgable.

Acidburn
07-26-2005, 06:58 AM
yeah its a pioneer deh4700.That makes sense.My old cd player didnt have the flip down face.It was a cheap crappy sony.It all makes sense now.I knew I Had it wired correctly.Thanks guys.You guys are so knowledgable.
no problemo, glad we could help out

stones
07-26-2005, 07:01 AM
That clears up a few things for me because after rereading your post I noticed you said the antenna goes down when you take out the cd then back up when you put a new one in, which doesn't make sense because if you got them backwards the antenna would be up all the time and the amp would only run when the radio is on. Had me a little confused.

If you want the antenna to go up and stay up when the vehicle is on just splice it into the switched power wire to the HU. This way it will only retract when you shut off your car.

mikesnissan240s
07-26-2005, 07:06 AM
Thanks Stones.Thats a good idea.I think I will do that as soon as it dips below 90 degrees outside.(no garage)