PDA

View Full Version : Speaker baffles - Yes or no?

heavysky
07-25-2005, 03:54 PM
I keep seeing foam and plastic baffles advertised to protect you speakers from moisture in the door and increase midbass. I like the idea of doing these two things but it seems like unless a speaker was designed to be enclosed like that you could end up doing more harm than good. What are your opinions? My speakers are CDT EF-61 comps.

Raven
07-25-2005, 04:03 PM
Depending on how much they cost, try them. If you like the result, use them. If not, take them out.

6three6mafia6
07-25-2005, 06:44 PM
they will make a HUGE difirence if you got speakers in a rear deck of a trunk and you got subwoofers in the trunk.

desi_daru
07-25-2005, 07:19 PM
i got the foam ones in my door panels 2 protect them from moisture, i cant hear any difference so thre good 2 go

squeak9798
07-25-2005, 07:23 PM
They work very well for protecting speakers from dripping water that my get through your door/window area. Some windows/doors leak like a sieve; in which case the baffles would come in very handy.

And, if your speakers don't like being enclosed; just cut the bottom out of the baffle ;) No more enclosure; but you still retain the water protection :)

Berry47
07-26-2005, 11:42 PM
They work very well for protecting speakers from dripping water that my get through your door/window area. Some windows/doors leak like a sieve; in which case the baffles would come in very handy.

And, if your speakers don't like being enclosed; just cut the bottom out of the baffle ;) No more enclosure; but you still retain the water protection :)

Thats exactly what I did. The baffles I have are actually plastic and dramatically increased the amount of midrange and sound quality out of my speakers as well as keep them from water.

I'm thinking about glassing some pods for my dayton 7's and the cdt's.

req
07-27-2005, 12:22 AM
x2

if you can get the plastic ones, do that. if not, the foam ones will work well too.

desi_daru
07-27-2005, 01:32 AM
ive always thought the plastic ones would possibly make a rattle sound, but i guess not thas jus paranoia

lyttleviet
07-27-2005, 12:32 PM
i have them for protection.... But i will try both enclosed and if i dont like it I will end up cutting it like suggested above. I bought them mainly for protection.

shellshocked
07-27-2005, 08:42 PM
Where did you buy the enclosures?