PDA

View Full Version : Multiple series wiring Q

lpmaster
07-23-2005, 08:39 PM
is there any limit on how many speakers i can wire in series to either my amp out put or even my hu high-level outputs?...THANKS!

squeak9798
07-23-2005, 08:56 PM
Yes and no.

As long as the impedance stays high enough that it's at a level the amplifier can safely drive; no, there is no limit. However, the more speakers you use, the less power each individual speaker will receive. And with the crappy HU outputs, you can imagine that ~15w RMS won't go very far if you want to split it between multiple speakers.

May I ask what you are intending on doing?

lpmaster
07-23-2005, 09:46 PM
im really asking this for my friedn, the one with all the money......he wanted to hook a bnch of tweeters up...i thought it would look tight but im not so sure how he's gna do ti, so im inquiring about how i was thinkin of doin it....

edit: and apprantly his hu output is 45x4max not sure what that is rms but probably near ur 15.. he has some pioneer hu

stones
07-24-2005, 03:12 AM
A pair of 3.5s would sound better then a bunch of tweeters wired up to the HU, tell your friend not to waste his money.

lpmaster
07-24-2005, 03:30 AM
thats what i said, but he insisted on tweeters....i uno w/e....but i guess those fools with money dont care if they get the wrong theing first...ha..