PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion please

Luchman
07-22-2005, 09:56 PM
Well, i have finally decided to get a stereo system in my 02 durango. The only problem is, money doesnt come THAT easy for me, so i am planning on getting everything piece by piece.
The HU I got is the new Eclipse CD5435 and now im trying to decide how to go about my speakers. I am trying to decide whether to go with Bostons or Focals.

This is my plan;
If i went with Bostons i would first get SL65's in the front and leave rear stock. Later in my life, after i get an amp ( dont know which, any suggestions??) I would put those SL65's in the rear and get the Pro60's in the front.

If i went with Focal, i would get 165A's in the front, leave rear stock. Then after an amp, put the 165A's in the rear and get 165V2's in the front.

So what do you think? This a stupid idea? Which setup would you go with?

thanks!

cjjackson85
07-23-2005, 03:07 AM
If you went straight to Pro60's I'd go with that choice, but since it's not an option I vote for the FoCals. I wouldn't amp those rears personally, messes up the soundstage. But to each his own...

Luchman
07-23-2005, 09:45 PM
anybody else?

xLiLkAnKleZx
07-23-2005, 10:09 PM
if it was goin peice by peice, i would go w/ comps next. i wouldnt go w/ subs till u have enuff for amp etc..... but i am only 15 so u might wanna take my advice lightly lol ;)

flakko
07-23-2005, 10:47 PM
if it was goin peice by peice, i would go w/ comps next. i wouldnt go w/ subs till u have enuff for amp etc..... but i am only 15 so u might wanna take my advice lightly lol ;)

your only 15 and you want 2 DP/XXX's??? where duz all the money come from?

back on topic, comps first but be sure to amp them. if you run those bostons or any comps for that matter with 25w, they will jump out of the doors and kill you

xLiLkAnKleZx
07-23-2005, 10:53 PM
lol i changed my mind on my system. here is my thread, just incase u havent seen it. http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=108906 it tells where the money comes from :P

like u said back on topic lol. and like i said b4, i dont know much about car audio so idk what kinda comps are good, i just know that comps b4 subs :P

Justintoxicated
07-24-2005, 04:06 AM
yea, amp the front and leave the rear stock if you are on a budget.

OlogyAudio
07-24-2005, 03:46 PM
Hey there,
What is your budget and I would assume you are after SQ? Also what are you doing for subs and amps? If you give me some goals and a budget for everything I can give you some good advice.

Luchman
07-24-2005, 09:33 PM
Hey there,
What is your budget and I would assume you are after SQ? Also what are you doing for subs and amps? If you give me some goals and a budget for everything I can give you some good advice.

Yes, SQ is my main goal, but i do like to listen to my music loud too. I really dont have an idea about subs and amps, real new to this car audio stuff, so yours or anyones advice on that would be greatly appreciated.
Budget really isnt a problem. I want a good system ( not 'insanely' good, but pretty good ya know?) and if it takes me a while to get that money, then so be it. Thats why im kinda just like piece'in the system together.

Thanks

OlogyAudio
07-24-2005, 09:46 PM
Hey there -- nice to have another SQ person in the world all the ghetto blasting gives car audio a bad name... Do you have AIM? If ya do send OlogyAudio an IM and I'll help ya figure out what ya want more quickly and give you some options to come back to the forum with. Help ya lay out your entire system plan...

cdtizgod
07-25-2005, 12:22 AM
id recommend cdt. they are VERY clean and have nice midbass and you can get thier entry level ****(which i have) for under 250 and youll be happy. previous to my cdts i had boston rallys which dont even hold a candle to the cdts. plus they come with a 3 year warrenty. buy from thezeb.com they are awesome.

if tyhat didnt maske sense im sorryc jim beam just came over :)

OlogyAudio
07-25-2005, 01:13 AM
id recommend cdt. they are VERY clean and have nice midbass and you can get thier entry level ****(which i have) for under 250 and youll be happy. previous to my cdts i had boston rallys which dont even hold a candle to the cdts. plus they come with a 3 year warrenty. buy from thezeb.com they are awesome.

if tyhat didnt maske sense im sorryc jim beam just came over :)

I hear ya and I second ya -- if your budget is under $250 and you CANT go over that CDT CL 61/a from thezeb !!! Best for the cash! Above 300 everything changes for sure though... he seems to like that idea :) -- components about the same quality as rainbow platinum for a fraction of the price...