PDA

View Full Version : Removing Scratches

mckeller
07-22-2005, 03:45 AM
Guys,
I know this question has been asked before. But I have a scratch on my Apline 9835 screen and I would like to remove it. Is there any polishes or removers that work better than others listed before. Thank you for any and all help.

Thanks in Advance

seth350
07-22-2005, 03:52 AM
Hmmmm....
I dont know of anything that would remove scratches from that...
All the things I know of are for car paint....like Meguiars ScratchX.

Id figure that the manufacturers would make the faceplate to where the scratches cant be fixed.....thus after awhile u must buy a new face plate thus give them more of your money :)

JoseMCeee
07-22-2005, 03:55 AM
I would say that any kind of scratch remover that works on cds, watches, glass or eye glasses would work on the face plate as well. Try finding a scratch remover for one of those things and I bet it will work for your face plate.

creater
07-22-2005, 03:56 AM
^^^very true...thats what manufacturers do...unless its a heck of a company to think so highly of their patrons as to make removal products for scratches...

i dont know what removes that...same...i only know about paint scratch remover

3.5Max6spd
07-22-2005, 10:48 AM
i like to give my face plates a few coats of wax upon purchase, and maintain it so about once a month- it does help to avoid deep scratches IMO

Try using some cleaner wax (by hand), as many coats as it takes to improve upon it. I've seen some use a dremel w/ buffing wheel for deep ones. But be careful not to burn the screen.

mr Tibbs
07-23-2005, 02:08 AM
Try this (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5791134517&category=50332&rd=1) and tell us if it works. If it does then I'll get some too. I'v had it recomended to me in the past, but didn't want to experiment on my 860! :D