PDA

View Full Version : Stereo West in Omaha

PRIVATEpastry
07-21-2005, 02:25 PM
Stereo West is the only car audio place that I've been to, but it has the best customer service of any store that I have ever been to. They really want to make you at home. During my current install, they've helped me a lot with suggestions and parts. Also, after every time I buy something or tell them something new about my install, they send me a letter saying "good luck" or "hope it works out well." Now that's customer service.

On to their products. They seem to promote mostly Kicker, but they have JL and Alpine stuff, too. They have a wide selection of HU's, and also a ton of sub boxes. Anything you could think of to do with wiring, they have, or would order for you. They have a pretty good selection of rims and tires, also.

Overall, I give Stereo West a 10/10 with an A+ in customer service.

_DjScrew_
07-21-2005, 03:06 PM
i've heard of them installing peoples stuff and then going and stealing it. always use a fake addy when buying from there

PRIVATEpastry
07-21-2005, 10:32 PM
i've heard of them installing peoples stuff and then going and stealing it. always use a fake addy when buying from there

Thats crazytalk, where did you hear that from?

_DjScrew_
07-22-2005, 05:14 AM
stereowest customers :naughty:

Decipha
07-22-2005, 06:44 AM
privatepastry... you smell like a stereowest representative to me

leave now or stay.. either way one day you will die! That's life's only promise.

PRIVATEpastry
07-22-2005, 10:45 AM
No, I'm not a rep, I've just had good experience with that store. DJ Screw, whats your store of preference?

sagew
07-22-2005, 06:56 PM
I've heard of people having their stuff disappear after getting installed at stereowest too...I think the Lincoln branch is probably better, but Mobile Audio Design here in Lincoln is my favorite place to deal with. Very straight forward, honest, and they carry good gear. I'd trust them with anything.

Just my two cents.

Honestly, buying online will save you a TON of money if you know what you're doing. Shoot me a PM if you want some buying tips...

PRIVATEpastry
07-22-2005, 07:08 PM
I've heard of people having their stuff disappear after getting installed at stereowest too...I think the Lincoln branch is probably better, but Mobile Audio Design here in Lincoln is my favorite place to deal with. Very straight forward, honest, and they carry good gear. I'd trust them with anything.

Just my two cents.

Honestly, buying online will save you a TON of money if you know what you're doing. Shoot me a PM if you want some buying tips...

Oh, I know how much buying online will help save money. I just go to Stereo West for odds and ends like ring terminals and wire and whatnot.

_DjScrew_
07-26-2005, 01:23 AM
lol watch out they might come back for them!

PRIVATEpastry
07-26-2005, 01:29 AM
lol watch out they might come back for them!
Lol, now you're makin me paranoid! I'm not gonna be able to sleep at night!

_DjScrew_
07-26-2005, 11:32 PM
thats what you get for shopping at stereo west!!!

baggedmazda
01-29-2006, 05:38 AM
I know of this happening in lincoln i know couple of empolyes there and i was very common with some of the previous people that worked there. If you are in omaha check out metro audio a buddy got 4 treo 12 and 2 amps for a grand and it lays down

jbl_marshall21
01-29-2006, 01:12 PM
i went to some store in lincoln on 'O' ST. and i can't remember what it was. Might have been stereo west cuz they did have alot of kicker, alpine and JL. But overall it was a good place.

baggedmazda1
02-06-2006, 07:00 PM
thats stereo west

mokedaddy
02-06-2006, 07:13 PM
I was an installer there for over two years and thats bullsh*t that they go back and steal peoples stuff. Maybe at one time someone may have worked there and then went back and took someones stuff, but there will always be rumors about that kind of thing. For what I made as an installer and what we used to get product for manufacturer direct, it would be incredibally stupid to steal product from one of your customers.

baggedmazda1
02-06-2006, 07:32 PM
i know it happend friends did it

mokedaddy
02-06-2006, 09:55 PM
I wasnt saying it doesnt happen, I was only saying that people make it sound like that if you get your stuff installed there that they are going to come rip you off and I have not found that to be true. Yes they may have had some stuff installed there and yes it may have been ripped off, even by people that work or did work there, but it wasnt just cuz they got there stuff installed there.

Dozerboy
02-06-2006, 11:54 PM
When I lived in Lincoln 5+ years ago my friends had a lot of trouble with Stereo West installs. I wouldn't buy from them, I also heard rumors of thefts.

pjm2211
02-07-2006, 02:52 PM
its not the installers stealing your sh*t........it's the loosers that hang out in the stores that never buy anything. They watch you spend all your $$ and follow you home.

xplcitcustmz
02-07-2006, 05:54 PM
Stereo west *****, talk about an audio shop that needs to learn their product, its pretty bad when the Installers own vehicles installs look like crap

PRIVATEpastry
02-07-2006, 06:14 PM
You talking about the Stereo West on Dodge?

xplcitcustmz
02-07-2006, 11:53 PM
all of them

matt_martin87
02-19-2006, 12:44 AM
I've been to the shop in Lincoln. Had a few things installed there. good things and not so good things...

1st bad experience- I bought a pair of 4x6 speakers and had to wait 3 hours for them to get them installed. Me and a friend had to sit around and wonder when/if it was ever gonna get done.

2nd bad experience- I wanted to get "db'ed" so i called ahead and made an appointment. I got there 30 mins early and they tell me that the mic isnt working right. (I live an hour away and made this trip especially for this purpose). they told me to come back in about an hour to check on it. I get back and i sit around for another 30 mins. finally, after all was said and done, it wasnt working properly. Way to waste my time. They were apologetic, but still..dont scheduel someone for an appointment you cant come through with.

If you must go to here for informational purposes, the only guy there i'd talk to is corey. he knows his stuff better than the other employees. Other employees lied to my face about info I already knew about(i was testing them since i was skeptical).

Good things: Corey and HIS service. The others just arent up to par it seems. and thats it...

lexani2002
03-22-2006, 09:42 PM
i know 4 people there.and 2 of them i know does dirt.

lexani2002
03-22-2006, 09:43 PM
they had the 2 best people working there.now i think one is gone and the other is still there

regal8r
03-22-2006, 09:45 PM
is corey the gm of the lincoln SW, if so, yea hes a good guy

btw, welcome to CA lexani

RowRowSB13
05-29-2007, 12:09 AM
I've never had a problem with the any SWAT stores. Most of my buisness goes to the dodge street store in Omaha, some of the coolest guys around up there and they always treat ya good. They always take time with me and my car club and they always put on good shows on saturday nights for free and also offer free competitions that are always a blast.

regal8r
05-29-2007, 05:22 AM
I've never had a problem with the any SWAT stores. Most of my buisness goes to the dodge street store in Omaha, some of the coolest guys around up there and they always treat ya good. They always take time with me and my car club and they always put on good shows on saturday nights for free and also offer free competitions that are always a blast.

are they having any other free ones coming up? i know they had one last saturday. hit me up in a pm when u see this cuz chances are, i wont read this thread agn for a while lol

Streetbeatz01
05-30-2007, 06:51 PM
Guys just to let anyone know that Stereo West has came with new owners about 2 years ago and I can tell you atleast here in Omaha Metro Audio was running things but since the change if you dont know now you know Stereo West is voted for a Nationally known award for 2006... I used to go to metro and even owned treo and still have a little but not once through out my whole time with them have the offered to get me louder for comp. except with buying items... Which ****** because our car club travels to shows and I would still hit the same number.... So then Bill Gass came back to Stereo West and opened there eyes to what the comp. seen can give them and all our team and other people have been getting louder with there stereo items.... I am currently at a 145.6 in a Olds Alero with 2 tens and 1 treo amp because I cant get another amp due tohaving 4 kids... I was at 141.0 before. .... They have given help to increase sound to anyone that wants the help... Now I cant talk for the Lincoln store I dont know anyone out there... Holla Later

regal8r
06-01-2007, 10:55 AM
Guys just to let anyone know that Stereo West has came with new owners about 2 years ago and I can tell you atleast here in Omaha Metro Audio was running things but since the change if you dont know now you know Stereo West is voted for a Nationally known award for 2006... I used to go to metro and even owned treo and still have a little but not once through out my whole time with them have the offered to get me louder for comp. except with buying items... Which ****** because our car club travels to shows and I would still hit the same number.... So then Bill Gass came back to Stereo West and opened there eyes to what the comp. seen can give them and all our team and other people have been getting louder with there stereo items.... I am currently at a 145.6 in a Olds Alero with 2 tens and 1 treo amp because I cant get another amp due tohaving 4 kids... I was at 141.0 before. .... They have given help to increase sound to anyone that wants the help... Now I cant talk for the Lincoln store I dont know anyone out there... Holla Later

you need it moe lowda

;)

SB3BabyHuey
06-04-2007, 08:41 PM

Your grammar is horrid:suicide: .....or maybe its your twinkie fingers. lol

Chevyaudio
06-04-2007, 09:50 PM
**** they better be a good shop. They are one of the retail sponsors for the 07 USACi finals. :crap:

regal8r
06-06-2007, 01:35 PM
**** they better be a good shop. They are one of the retail sponsors for the 07 USACi finals. :crap:

they were named mobile electronics magazine 2007 small chain of the year. i have a feeling thats for the shops in omaha. the one in lincoln isnt that great at all IMO. 250 dollars to rerun some power wire...cmon now :eyebrow:

jbl_marshall21
06-06-2007, 06:18 PM
i work with a guy that used to install at stereo west in omaha. I know this guy really well and way to nice of a guy to jack anyone's ****. But thats the only guy that i know, so i'm not sticking up for anyone else.

pzaully
07-06-2007, 06:11 PM
I too heard about them installing extra hide-away switches to disable alarms in the wheel wells back before '00. There are some nice guys there, but I dont think they always know what comes out of their mouths. You can go in there and ask for the best coaxials (coaxials might be a bad example but none the less) and they will try to sell you a 200$ pair of JL's sh*t bucket TR line. I was talking to them about some ideas I had and they told me it would be impossible (yeah way to sell your services) to hit 140db in my truck, I'll never consider them or recommend them to others.

A) Theres nothing that they sell that cant be found cheaper elsewhere
B) They overate just about everything they sell, maybe they get commission?
C) Some of them just dont know what they are talking about

I think Drew at the Omaha off Dodge location was a fairly straight shooter. Why do they send you thank you cards anyways? They are barely legible.

pzaully

pzaully
07-11-2007, 10:42 AM
I have been talking to a friend I'm installing some items for and mentioned this thread. He wanted to make sure that a gentleman named Randy at stereo west in Omaha got nothing but good reviews. He said hes the guy that rolls a toyota matrix and believes him to be the district manager for omaha.

Anyways, just throwing it out for my friend.

Streetbeatz01
07-12-2007, 01:05 AM
I have been talking to a friend I'm installing some items for and mentioned this thread. He wanted to make sure that a gentleman named Randy at stereo west in Omaha got nothing but good reviews. He said hes the guy that rolls a toyota matrix and believes him to be the district manager for omaha.

Anyways, just throwing it out for my friend.

Your talking about RD he is cool.. He helps a lot of us people that do stereo Comps he is very fair and he is that shops manager. Holla later.

RowRowSB13
07-12-2007, 02:02 AM
Your talking about RD he is cool.. He helps a lot of us people that do stereo Comps he is very fair and he is that shops manager. Holla later.

Actually RD is the general manager of all three SWAT locations, and the store manager at Dodge Street

kingandsons07
09-13-2007, 10:49 PM
I hared best buy doin the same thing in Lincoln

JohnnyBlaze1984
12-15-2007, 04:59 PM
Actually RD is the general manager of all three SWAT locations, and the store manager at Dodge Street

Yep, I've been dealing with SWAT for going on 6 years now, and they've done 5 different systems in 4 different vehicles for me, I've never had a problem with them and they always get things taken care of for me, and I plan on going back for system #6 in a few months.

MasterInstaller
04-06-2008, 07:09 PM
stereowest customers :naughty:

DJSCREW and others,
The story of audio stores selling, installing, then STEALING the gear back, is as old as time. Truth of the matter is, it is a bad few that do it, and make a bad name for others.
It is about as likely as going to the hospital for a spider bite, and having a leg amputated accidentally, it is maybe .0001% of chance.
HOWEVER, FOR YOU TO SAY THAT A REPUTABLE COMPANY like SWAT does it as policy, or condones it is ABSURD!
Even if there is only one employee doing it consistently, don't you think the police could easily link the pieces together? Of course they would. AND IF THEY DID THIS AS A COMPANY THEY WOULD BE OUT OF BUSINESS!!!!
As far as installing a secret switch to disable an alarm (you didn't post that) that is just assinine. An installer would just code another remote to your alarm....
The thing that bothers me the most about your post, is that many of us in this industry work very hard to uphold a practice of honesty, and integrity for many years. Unfortunately, it only takes one ignorant, misinformed, or immature kid to help spread a ridiculous rumor such as this, about a long standing business in the community.
You obviously have no idea whatsoever, how damaging your "old lady" gossip is to professional and hard working people/businesses.
As a professional in this industry for 15 years, I will share with you how thefts normally happen:
1. Police will tell you that almost 50% of audio gear stolen from cars soon after purchase, are done so by YOUR FRIENDS, or FRIENDS OF THEIRS!
2. Most young people that get new gear, DRIVE DOWN THE ROAD WHERE THEY LIVE BLASTING IT AS LOUD AS POSSIBLE, and being proud of their new gear, SHOW IT OFF EVERY TIME THEY CAN! Doing this attracts all kinds of attention from EVERYONE! Including low life types....
This accounts for 8 out of 10 thefts of car audio gear.

Yes I have been a little brash with you, but you shouldn't be repeating such ignorance.

The best way to leave a stereo shop feeling comfortable, is to listen to them, and buy a good alarm. Have them DELETE all transmitters for your unit in front of you, then code ONLY your remotes right there. Secondly, don't post your new stuff on myspace, don't brag to all of your buddies about how much $$ you just put in your car. And when you get about a mile from home, turn Dr. Dre down, so people don't hear your system, and watch where you park their next score.

Most installers that work for me make more than their parents, AND get car audio so cheap it would blow your mind. So to take the chance of losing their career, and going to jail is extremely STUPID, NOT UNLIKE YOUR SPREADING OF THIS PETTY RUMOR.......:verymad:

MasterInstaller
04-06-2008, 07:17 PM
I too heard about them installing extra hide-away switches to disable alarms in the wheel wells back before '00. There are some nice guys there, but I dont think they always know what comes out of their mouths. You can go in there and ask for the best coaxials (coaxials might be a bad example but none the less) and they will try to sell you a 200$ pair of JL's sh*t bucket TR line. I was talking to them about some ideas I had and they told me it would be impossible (yeah way to sell your services) to hit 140db in my truck, I'll never consider them or recommend them to others.

A) Theres nothing that they sell that cant be found cheaper elsewhere
B) They overate just about everything they sell, maybe they get commission?
C) Some of them just dont know what they are talking about

I think Drew at the Omaha off Dodge location was a fairly straight shooter. Why do they send you thank you cards anyways? They are barely legible.

pzaully

I APOLOGIZE FOR WHAT i AM ABOUT TO SAY IN ADVANCE, YOU JUST DON'T MAKE ANY SENSE..

jblw12gti
07-14-2008, 12:34 AM
new stereo west shop! i will go check it out

jblw12gti
07-19-2008, 04:49 PM
hey stereo west opened their new/ old store! they moved back across the street in omaha.

i do agree that some of them dont know what they are talking about. and you can find everything they sell cheaper. they say "a doller per watt" for all amps they have. i would need two of their biggest amps, costing me about $2000 dollars. never gonna happen lol.

theabbalah
07-20-2008, 01:31 PM
yeh i stopped goin there after they tried to rape me on an amp install in like 96.

streetbeatz19
07-27-2008, 02:16 AM
whatz up whos all going to the show in lincoln swat show... any treo crap coming?

kingandsons07
10-12-2008, 08:06 AM

not any more its in dallas now:(

LIMITED84REGAL
01-30-2009, 12:53 PM
Whats up Street beatz!! Holla...Imma be up in Omaha quite a bit this year!!

streetbeatz19
02-16-2009, 09:04 PM
sup fool... you need to change that image... didn't you sell that..

xtremez
02-16-2009, 09:09 PM
ive been to the sw in lincoln and over all had good service... had some set backs from time to time though.. duno if this is the thread to do it but since there are alot of local people on this thread.. anyone in NE willing to help me out with a box for 2 18btls?

R/T Pimp
02-16-2009, 09:20 PM
I am willing to help you out but I am in Iowa if you are interested in making a drive.

LIMITED84REGAL
06-21-2009, 07:53 PM
sup fool... you need to change that image... didn't you sell that..

**** fool....until i get a new pic of a my car im working on now theres no point in changing the pictures....

3kgtAudio
08-19-2009, 11:47 AM
worked there back from '98 - '00, good times. That place got crazy, but I probably learned the most when i worked there.

To be honest, i didn't hear much good about the place after I left, its possible they went through a streak of bad installers. I know one guy that was infact a theif, he stole my speakers from when he worked at Inphase for about a week and then was canned. SW had him on for at least 6 months, and he did get busted for stealing from customers. That lousy POS if I ever could have caught him in a dark alley!!, those were some original Diamond Audio Hex speakers from way back.

There is always going to be bad apples here and there.

Bills
01-21-2010, 12:36 AM
I know the guys at stereo west, i'm on the team. Great guys and great work. all i have to say

Bills

LIMITED84REGAL
02-18-2010, 10:20 PM
Need to know when the diggz is and any other beat offs are errbody!!