PDA

View Full Version : 6x9 Box

Decado
07-20-2005, 02:44 AM
I just got some 6x9's for my car, but they do not fit in the original speaker spot because my car is stock with 6x8's, since they do not fit would it be a good idea to get a speaker box such as this?
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/wrathloki/speakerbox.jpg

TeenWolf
07-20-2005, 05:08 AM
The drivers will sound better using those boxes. Also, you won't have as much rattle noise as you would if the drivers were mounted to the rear deck. I considered using boxes for my 6 X 9's, but there wasn't enough room for them to fit on top of the rear deck.

Decado
07-20-2005, 05:10 AM
I'm getting like no bass at all even when i have it cranked all the way up on my sony 400 watts, will this help with the bass on them also?

TeenWolf
07-20-2005, 05:26 AM
Do you currently have the 6 X 9's powered up in your car? If so, where? If you have them just sitting there, then of course they wouldn't sound good. You'll get better bass using a sealed box than you would mounting them on the rear deck. My 6 X 9's produce pretty good bass, but they don't come close to a powered subwoofer. I let my sub do all the work.

Decado
07-20-2005, 05:29 AM
Ya they are just sitting there, i also got the subs, but for some of the higher bass the 6x9's would be nice.

TeenWolf
07-20-2005, 05:35 AM
Put them in the boxes. Sound will be much better. Drivers need to be mounted to something the seperates the positve and negative pressure of the cone. If not, it will sound like ****. Your boxes will trap the negative pressure inside. Put some silicone around the opening of the box before you mount the speaker. This will ensure an airtight seal.