PDA

View Full Version : Center channel wiring question

Blazemore
07-18-2005, 02:55 PM
I want to hook up three 3.5" speakers in my dash to the center channel. The dash has cutouts for three 3.5's, one on each side and one in the middle. When the middle is taken out you can hear a difference, like a hole, empty spot, were the music did span across the dash. At low volume the missing middle is not noticeable but at higher volumes it makes a difference. SS amp manual gives 4 ohm 12.6vdc @65w and 2ohm 14.4vdc @100 for the center channel.

diagram:
http://gallery.caraudio.com/vg/8/8/3/8/3.5speakers.gif

Thinking of either finding a 8 ohm speaker and using it as speaker 3, or finding a 50 watt 4 ohm resistor with a heatsink in parallel with speaker 3 (resistor help from maylar). I have 2 infinity kappa 3.5's and one Mb Quart 3.5.

What would be the best way doing this. Or is there any other way to solve this probelm. Some way to redo the soundstage?

JimJ
07-18-2005, 03:03 PM
If you're going to use them as a CC, it would make more sense to use three identical drivers.

Also, if you're using a "middle channel" for a two-channel recording, your soundstage is horribly, horribly off if that makes it sound right.

Blazemore
07-18-2005, 04:17 PM
No I'm using it for DVD movies on trips etc. I will be getting another set of quart so they all match. Thats what I had at the time.

JimJ
07-18-2005, 04:49 PM
What's the minimum impedance of the center channel of your receiver...