PDA

View Full Version : sealed box need to be symetrical?

Lil Poot
07-17-2005, 10:35 PM
im building a sealed box for the well of my 87 trans am for 2 rl-p 12s. i'm having a bit of trouble getting 1.25 cubic feet for each speaker but i think i've found a way. however, im not sure if it will screw the sound up. im using a single chamber, not one for each speaker. does if matter if i have a bit more of the airspace on one side of the box?
http://thirdgen.org/techbb2/showthread.php...threadid=306257
here is the link to the plans. what i want to do is extend the bottom section so that it comes over further at the bottom, where it sits way down in the well. the dimension on there that says 22 1/2 i want to extend to the left side of the box about 2.5 or 3 inches. this shouldnt matter in a sealed box right?
net airspace is with the speakers factored in right?
thanks,
Shaun

JimJ
07-17-2005, 10:40 PM
As long as the volume is correct, it doesn't matter what shape the box is in...

Actually, irregular-shaped boxes are ideally better, they help reduce internal standing waves.

Lil Poot
07-18-2005, 12:05 AM
:veryexci:

FOSGATE JOE
07-18-2005, 12:33 AM
[QUOTE=1meanGTA]1 #im building a sealed box for the 87 trans am for 2 rl-p 12s. i'm having a bit of trouble getting 1.25 cubic feet for each speaker but i think i've found a way. however, im not sure if it will screw the sound up. im using a single chamber,. does if matter if i have a bit more of the airspace on one side of the box?
[ 2# what i want to do is extend the bottom section so that it comes over further at the bottom, where it sits way down in the well. the dimension on there that says 22 1/2 i want to extend to the left side of the box about 2.5 or 3 inches. this shouldnt matter in a sealed box right?
net airspace is with the speakers factored in right?
thanks /// you are ok ------------------------------^^^^^ did you add that? :(