PDA

View Full Version : car audio newbie question

Spartan03
07-17-2005, 07:29 PM
I finally got tired of having a factory head unit in my car. It's a Jeep Grand Cherokee '96 that came standard with Infinity 7" speakers on all 4 doors. The head unit I ended up buying was a Panasonic CQ-C7301U (http://www.cardomain.com/item/PANCQC7301U?vq_id=none). It seems to work pretty well, especially compared to my factory HU. My speakers seem to be lacking a little compared to what I believed my stereo would sound like. Just for 4 speakers (no subwoofer or anything) is the problem most likely the lack of an amplifier? Also any suggestions on how to set my low pass/high pass filters for the best sound would be great if possible.

squeak9798
07-17-2005, 07:51 PM
Problem with the speakers is that they are stockers. If you want better sound; upgrade them.

Set your highpass to whatever sounds best. I'd guess ~80-100hz somewhere. No need to set the lowpass fitler.

TeenWolf
07-18-2005, 04:00 AM
Agree. Replace those stock speakers with some aftermarket drivers and you will notice a big difference. Top it off with a sub and I'm sure you would be a happy camper :)