PDA

View Full Version : Another one of those need a speaker questions

jrz126
07-17-2005, 07:33 PM
Hey all,
I'm going to help my friend build a system for his 2000 Galant. Its bone stock right now. He wants to get quite a bit of bass without adding subs and overall SQ too.

He's got about $5-600 to spend. I figure he needs a new headunit, speakers, and a 4 channel amp. Then the accesories like wiring kit, harness and install kit for the headunit.

the car has 6.5's and 6x9s too.
What do you guys recommend for the speakers?

squeak9798
07-17-2005, 07:56 PM
Depends on how much of that budget is going towards the speakers. I'd personally keep the rears stock for now, only get a 2-channel and spend a little more :greedy: on the front speakers

Chevyaudio
07-17-2005, 07:58 PM
:iagree:

audiolife
07-17-2005, 08:16 PM
ahh he is from one of the holy lands of car audio lol erie!!!!

audiolife
07-17-2005, 08:21 PM
i agree as well with the front. do you think he will want to add a sub later?

jrz126
07-18-2005, 05:43 PM
i agree as well with the front. do you think he will want to add a sub later?

I think he will eventually want a sub, I think he's expecting to get quite a bit of bass with just the interior speakers.
I only upgraded my fronts in my setup, It sounds great up front, but the back is lacking quite a bit. I'm running some $5.00 truckload tool sale speakers back there and I think one of em is blown. (but it sounds great up front and thats all I care about). I'll see what he thinks about that.

So what are some good 6.5's that have some bass to them? Lets assume he'll be spending $150-200 on them.

ahh he is from one of the holy lands of car audio lol erie!!!!

Erie is a holy land?

Justintoxicated
07-18-2005, 05:55 PM
Hey all,
He wants to get quite a bit of bass without adding subs and overall SQ too.

He's got about $5-600 to spend.

What do you guys recommend for the speakers?

Hmmhe wants a new HU, Bass and SQ for $600....

Well, your not going to get quite a bit of Bass out of 6.5's or even 6.9's for that much money, I mean if he is going to add a sub later, then do the front right the first time and spend the money on the HU and comps. I mean why try to get Bass out of 2 6x9's when you shoudl be looking for a sub?

You could go for an older eclipse HU I'll bet you can find one for cheap, and a good set of decent set of comps like Diamond, DLS, or CDT, etc and a cheap amp of ebay or something to hold him over....add bass later. leave the rear 6x9's stock for a while.......

Or you could buy some cheaper comps, cheaper HU, cheap generic amp and cheap subs liek the clarions for $15 someone found lol, but then all you have is a bunch of crap in the end IMO. Car sterio isn't cheap and for that price you really can't have it all.

jrz126
07-19-2005, 08:43 PM
Oh yeah what are some good websites to buy from?