PDA

View Full Version : XXX 6.5's VS. Hex s600s 6.5's

RumbleNTheTrunk
07-16-2005, 04:53 AM
Ok here's the matchup
Resonant Engineering XXX 6.5" component speakers
Diamond Audio HEX s600s 6.5" component speakers

Alright I currently have the s600s' and seen that the XXX's go for a cheaper price, even cheaper then the price I got on my hex's on ebay! which was 300$. So I was wondering if anyone knew how the two compared? I hate versus threads, but I made one :P and if the xxx's are better or equal or even marginaly less powerful im looking to get them. Im going to sell my current setup and make room for the xxx's. What do ya'll think about the two?

99StangGt
07-16-2005, 05:05 AM
well the XXXs price is just for the mids alone, no tweets or crossovers. I havent used the Hexs just heard them in a board. The XXX mids have better midbass and are very good midrange. The hexs i heard in a board were with their tweets so its hard to compare because my XXXs were with different tweets. But im sure you will get some other feedback

WiCKeD 5.9L
07-16-2005, 08:26 AM
HEXes: http://www.carreview.com/cat/car-audio/speakers/diamond-audio/PRD_53473_1805crx.aspx
There was only like 1 bad review in the whole bunch.

audiolife
07-16-2005, 09:22 AM
gotta love reviews where people who used kenwood 4" coaxials call the new stuff best ever lol......diamond is good i wouldnt set them up on axis jimo for the $ you can get less bright with just as much clarity. dls and focal both make set ups worth listening to and for less money memphis mcsq .....