PDA

View Full Version : Equalizer questions...

lpmaster
07-15-2005, 10:24 PM
i have a 50.4 kenwood amp, 1 10" rockford sub, and 2 pioneer 4-way coaxials i want to get an equalizer but what should i look for when looking for one?...yes im new

i have a problem keeping my bass good enough for my liking while keeping my vocals where i like them just using the controls on the deck...i have a pioneer deck...one of the lower models buts its pretty nice....

would a pheonix gold teqp4 equalizer do ok for what i have...i did read parametric gives greater control and adjustment .....even tho im not sure i'd be able to adjust it

also what else would i need to hook it up ?

edit: i was also looking at the ma mpe 200

djbass_mekanik
08-10-2005, 02:51 AM
any eq with sub volume and sub frequency control should help...

adam71
08-10-2005, 06:07 AM
If you can find an AudioControl Four.1 for a decent price it would help you out pretty good.

http://mobileaudiocontrol.com/product.asp?Product_Id=14150&d_Id=5250&l1=5250&l2=

If your Pioneer is a lower model then it most likely has low voltage preouts and this unit also is a line driver.

req
08-10-2005, 09:23 AM
so your trying to get your midbass\midrange\treble to be louder and clearer?

get a two channel amp for the coaxials. dont waste your money on an eq that wont do what you want. all you SHOULD do with an eq is CUT ferquencies, never boost them.

and your rockford sub, is it a P1? because that thing aint gonna give very much output to be quite honest.

maylar
08-11-2005, 10:14 AM
i have a problem keeping my bass good enough for my liking while keeping my vocals where i like them just using the controls on the deck

What exactly do you mean by that? What have you tried so far? Tonal balance can usually be achieved through gain ajustments and crossover points. An Eq is useful for cutting specific frequencies that give you problems like resonances or tweeter reflections. I doubt it would help in your case.