PDA

View Full Version : Attaching speaker pod to my plastic door...

jarnld
07-15-2005, 01:59 AM
So i had a question about what the best way would be to go about building 'pods' to hold 5 1/4'' and tweeters in my door. There is already a space in the door to do it. Basically where the plastic grill for the stock speakers is is where Im going to be going to be building over. I wish I had some pictures....

Anyway,

Im going to build a MDF frame of the outline of the area of the door that I want to glass over. Then build the speaker rings and then fleece and glass....thats the easy part. Now how would you all suggest I connect the pod to the door? Fiberglass doesnt stick to plastic. Bolts? Liquid nails? Im open for suggestions!

req
07-15-2005, 02:06 AM
rivets.

*I* would go get a 1\2" piece of MDF, and mock it up so its the same shape as that stock location. then id drill some holes and make sure i could rivet it to the door eaisily.

next, mount your baffles, and stretch your fleece (DO NOT USE FIBERGLASS MATTE OR CLOTH, the fleece will be stronger then nessicary for a 4" speaker) and resin it up. carpet\cover\paint or whatever, then wire and rivet to the door, seal the rivets\wire with some silicone caulk.

presto! professional looking door pods!