PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic CQ-C9901U headunit

shoman94
07-14-2005, 08:20 PM
Anyone have one.....I'm looking into getting one.....If I sell my Eclipse CD8454.

Looking for opinions ...thanks....

iceteebone
07-14-2005, 08:25 PM
Anyone have one.....I'm looking into getting one.....If I sell my Eclipse CD8454.

Looking for opinions ...thanks....

i don't think i would replace an 8454 with that.

Slaugh
07-14-2005, 09:05 PM
keep the mother****er

shoman94
07-14-2005, 09:13 PM
The 8454 is missing things that it shouldn't....for a high end anyways....

No independent crossover adjustment....fixed db roll off......
no bass/treble adjustment.....
no search funtion when looking for a certain song on the MP3 CD.... <<-- Thats the worst thing.....everything else I can live with......

joshpoints
07-15-2005, 10:18 AM
The 8454 is missing things that it shouldn't....for a high end anyways....

No independent crossover adjustment....fixed db roll off......
no bass/treble adjustment.....
no search funtion when looking for a certain song on the MP3 CD.... <<-- Thats the worst thing.....everything else I can live with......

Don't know anything about this particular eclipse model but I chose against getting an eclipse because for the price I got a panasonic that had more features 3 preamp outs, more equilization adjustment and comparable sound specs. I would have had to buy their top unit which was like $500 I believe. Instead I got a panasonic CQ-C9900U. I'm not sure what the difference is between the CQ-C9901U vs CQ-9900U. I just wish my deck didn't come with the motorized face. I don't need this feature and just think of it as something that will eventually break.

By the way you can pick your panasonic up from www.etronics.com if you trust them. I don't know how good the warranty back up is through them though.