PDA

View Full Version : mounting some 6.5's. got question

iceteebone
07-14-2005, 01:17 PM
well i noticed the opening in my door for my mids is like 1/4" to big. there are gaps around the speaker so i'm gonna make a baffle. i'm not good though with cutting out baffle out of wood. i'm thinking that i might try to fiberglass so baffles. would fiberglass work as a good baffle? how many layers of mat/cloth and resin mix should i use?

tRiGgEr
07-14-2005, 01:21 PM
Your saying Fiberglass is going to be easier than cutting wood??? Are you in bizarro world?

Cut out a template using cardboard,, trace it on to MDF and use a jigsaw to cut out the baffle.

Chevyaudio
07-14-2005, 01:41 PM
yeah kinda confused on the fiberglass being easier than cutting out a simple baffle

iceteebone
07-14-2005, 07:04 PM
i guess you guys are not understanding what i want to do. the depth is not the problem so i don't have to make the baffle come outwards, just inwards. i was thinking that all would have to do is get some resin/hardner and the cloth and just cut out a ring where the speaker would fit, and attach it to the door.

ngsm13
07-14-2005, 07:29 PM
Quite an expensive way to solve the problem. Too much hassle...as it will to tough to get uniformly level as well...

NG