PDA

View Full Version : Diff between 2way and 3way?

awsamia
07-14-2005, 01:31 AM
What difference will I notice between the JL audio xr653-cs and the xr653-csi?

The csi is a 2 way setup which would have one 6.5 woofer in the door panel and a tweeter that I would mount on the dash (allready have a spot for it).

The cs is a 3 way setup which would have the 6.5 woofer and tweeter but would also include a 4 in midrange that would need to have a custom kick panel made foe it and the tweeter.

I listen to a big variety of music but mainly hiphop and punk rock. I'm wondering if the csi will work fine because I don't feel like going through the hassle of making a custom kick panel.

Thanks for any help.

JimJ
07-14-2005, 01:32 AM
I'm sure this is mentioned in the "Speaker FAQ"...so I will direct you to there.

:)

cpierce
07-14-2005, 01:34 AM
2 way is just you and your girl. 3way is where its you, your girl, and hopefully another girl

cjjackson85
07-14-2005, 01:35 AM
A speaker...

SSS 18734
07-14-2005, 01:35 AM
go 2 way unless your prepared to do some serious imaging work

awsamia
07-14-2005, 01:37 AM
So glad for all the helpfulness on these forums...

cjjackson85
07-14-2005, 01:37 AM
:iagree:

cjjackson85
07-14-2005, 01:38 AM
go 2 way unless your prepared to do some serious imaging work
n00b!

JimJ
07-14-2005, 01:40 AM

And we're so glad for the people that ignore what we've already written about it to help people with common questions, as illustrated here:

http://img322.imageshack.us/img322/2373/helpful2dr.jpg

awsamia
07-14-2005, 01:50 AM
Ever think that not everyone understands everything about car audio?

If you have read any of my other threads you will find that I am completely new to this and am just trying to make the right choices since in the past I just bought things without researching and ended up getting screwed.

And FYI, I have read all the FAQ, guides, Common terms this site has it's just that some of the stuff sounds like a different language to me. I might not have many posts but if there was a way to see how many hours I am logged onto this site reading through posts trying to make sense out of this ****, you would see that I am trying.

If you don't feel like being nice and helping out a noob, then stay out? No one forced you to reply to my thread and I really doubt that my one post increased the overall bandwidth by that much.

cjjackson85
07-14-2005, 01:51 AM
And we're so glad for the people that ignore what we've already written about it to help people with common questions, as illustrated here:

http://img322.imageshack.us/img322/2373/helpful2dr.jpg
Pwn3d!

cappy72
07-14-2005, 06:43 AM
Ever think that not everyone understands everything about car audio?

If you have read any of my other threads you will find that I am completely new to this and am just trying to make the right choices since in the past I just bought things without researching and ended up getting screwed.

And FYI, I have read all the FAQ, guides, Common terms this site has it's just that some of the stuff sounds like a different language to me. I might not have many posts but if there was a way to see how many hours I am logged onto this site reading through posts trying to make sense out of this ****, you would see that I am trying.

If you don't feel like being nice and helping out a noob, then stay out? No one forced you to reply to my thread and I really doubt that my one post increased the overall bandwidth by that much.

dont stress it, noobies **** everyone off every now and then.... stick around and you will know the feeling....

regardless, 2 way is fine.

3.5Max6spd
07-14-2005, 08:59 AM
Prepackaged passive 3way sets are not always guaranteed better sound thrown into any vehicle....like said above...its harder to image and tune compared to a 2 way set. I do not see ANY possibility of getting the best sound out of a 3way fronstage without going active(ditch those xovers, and put a pair of amp channels directly to every pair of drivers and have ample processing) Its not that they aren't made to sound good, just when tossed in a vehicle and you start separating the drivers for your mounting 'convenience' everything changes. It also forces you to put your highs/midrange in kicks, which in many cases can result in pulling your stage low. Keep those things in mind, seach cardomain/sounddomain and see what other have done in your type of vehicle.