PDA

View Full Version : fiberglassing the xxx in

_DjScrew_
07-13-2005, 08:14 AM
well my first box turned out great.. except slightly too big. but i can't really go any smaller on height, so i want to fiberglass it into my trunk. does anyone have any recommendations for this in a 1995 Monte Carlo? mostly a daily driver, but will do a little dbDrag. thanks for any help

JnEsPappa
07-13-2005, 11:37 AM
Is it slightly too big to fit into the trunk or just too large of an internal volume?

tRiGgEr
07-13-2005, 11:38 AM
What is your question?

ruckus
07-13-2005, 11:45 AM
Is it slightly too big to fit into the trunk or just too large of an internal volume?
yeah which?

_DjScrew_
07-13-2005, 02:37 PM
it's fine on volume, the trunk just isn't high, it's deep. .... i didn't think until now, but i guess if i wouldn't have chose to flush mount the sub, i would have kept an inch or so. ****. but yea i want to know the best way of going about it. thanks for the replys.

_DjScrew_
07-14-2005, 09:50 AM
bump... anyone? should i face it towards the back end or up towards the trunk. and how would i go about doing the port?

ruckus
07-14-2005, 11:35 AM
your best bet is to fire towards the rear, if you dont have room between the top of the box and the trunk top. you want space between the sub and the wall . You can always do like GCAdidas and mount the subs in your rear deck. ;) that shits gonna be off the chain.

how mine is, is 2 subs facing the rear in a fiberglass box with 2 4" flared ports. the subs are on the left and right with the ports in the middle of them. If your doing a single XXX I would put the XXX on one side of the rear face and the ports on the other. atleast 2 4" flared ports 4 if you have the room. I dont like slot ports in fiberglass too hard to tune accuratley.

_DjScrew_
07-14-2005, 12:08 PM
thanks for the suggestions ruckus.