PDA

View Full Version : New Pioneers

Justin89T
07-13-2005, 03:51 AM
I've read a bit about the pioneer noise problem... somthing about poor ground trace on the board...

do the newer models of the DEH-P8600MP still have the problems or has pioneer fixed the problem?

stones
07-13-2005, 04:09 AM
I have been doing a little research on it myself and it appears to be somewhat rare, only a select few are coming up with the problem. Not nearly as bad as the Alpines these days anyways, JVC is reporting some build quality issues as well,

Eclipse, Kenwood, Clarion, Panasonic and Sony are this years leaders in terms of reliability this year, with minimal defects reported.
My personal top choices for 05 are Eclipse, Kenwood and Clarion based on price, performance, features, looks and reliability, If I could get a good price and a good warranty I wouldn't rule out the Pioneers.

Justin89T
07-13-2005, 04:16 AM
That's too bad, I love that pioineer deck... I can get one thru works accom. for 300 bucks so I think I might pick one up that noise issue has got me pretty worried though

stones
07-13-2005, 04:22 AM
The odds are that it will be trouble free, if you do get it, make sure you keep the original box and receipt just in case you get one of the blems.

Trancer
07-17-2005, 10:50 PM
Just have it sent in for free to get the problem fixed if you do have noise problems. Thats what im gonna do for mine

zachzchw
07-17-2005, 11:46 PM
I havent seen any information to tell if it was a specific production run that suffered from the noise problem or not.
Pioneer basically told me that they are unaware of the problem, so I have been gathering information from as many people with it as I can......
They also told me it was due to a faulty amp ground :rolleyes: , but I know for a fact my ground were fine, as were many of the other people who had the problem.

chadillac3
07-18-2005, 12:36 PM
Preouts died on my 860mp as well...

Trancer
07-18-2005, 01:19 PM
I grounded my amp in several locations. Even took it to Ultimate Electronics and had them figure out the noise. They said it was the amp, but I believe its the Pioneer deck because I never had a ground noise problem in my S-10 with the amp. Oh and its also coming from my sub amp too so it has to be something with the Pioneer deck. And a ground loop isolator just made it worse