PDA

View Full Version : CDA-9853 fader question

lightspeed
07-12-2005, 11:34 PM
Hi folks I currently have an alpine cda9853 head unit and 2 pairs of boston acoustic 5x7's for my 2003 F150 ext cab. I decided on the 5x7's because I got a chance to listen to a friends system and he has the exact same model year truck and the exact same 4 speakers and they sounded awesome. Well today I bought an eclipse EA3422 amp on sale for $200.00 (they were clearing them out to make room for eclipses new line) and the sound is like wow!!!. I may not even need to buy any subs as this system produces enough bass for my liking. I know...sounds weird for 5x7 coaxials to sound this good but they do.

Anyway I have one little gripe. I found that the fader adjustment doesn't work for the preout jacks on the head unit. At least not the way it should. It fades both front and rear at the same time rather than fading FROM front to rear as the head unit itself did with the speaker outs. And the owners manual doesn't go into detail about it either. It just says "to adjust the fader..push the mode button until fader appears in the display then turn the knob to adjust it" That's all it says. It doesn't say "to adjust the fader on the speaker outputs" or "to adjust the fader on the preouts" nor does it mention anything about the preouts being non fading or anything like that. Do any of you that have this head unit know if the preout fading is "hardwired" to adjust everything at the same time?

stones
07-13-2005, 03:33 AM
All I can say is WOW!, you got an Alpine.
Its the best HU in existence you know, absolutely nothing better in that price range, nope.
Enjoy your awesome broken *** Alpine.

kuijo
07-13-2005, 03:43 AM
Do you have the rcas plugged from one set of preouts on the headunit, into an amp? And is that amp a 4 channel powering all ur speakers? Cause if it is then its fading the front preout there fore fading all ur speakers.

If you were to use the amp just on ur front speakers, and leave the rears hooked up to the head unit, the fade would work correctly. Atleasts thats what i think anyway. Someone may correct me.

T3mpest
07-13-2005, 04:24 AM
yup, I've got my fronts amped and my backs arent' and my fade works properly.

lightspeed
07-13-2005, 06:42 AM
all four front and rear preouts are hooked to the amp and the internal power ic is turned off.

And stones.... I was saying wow because of the amp not the head unit. I do not understand the tone of your reply. Did I say something wrong?

cjj2d
07-13-2005, 08:22 AM
try to reset the HU. I had a problem with my Fade and Balance after I removed mine from one car and installed in another. Hit the reset button and all was good once again. Give it a try if you haven't yet.

lightspeed
07-14-2005, 07:47 PM
I tried resetting the radio...no luck. So I took it back up to the shop. They ran tests, first on the amp then on the radio and both of them were not the problem. It turned out to be the RCA cables themselves. They were part of a Tsunami 4 channel amp wiring kit. So they got another set of the same RCA's from another tsunami kit and they were bad too. In fact one of the cables caused all 4 channels to play when it was the only one that was connected. So they switched to phoenix gold cables and that fixed it. The shop manager then took all their Tsunami gear off the wall and took it in the back.

Slaugh
07-14-2005, 07:55 PM
All I can say is WOW!, you got an Alpine.
Its the best HU in existence you know, absolutely nothing better in that price range, nope.
Enjoy your awesome broken *** Alpine.
got sand in your ******, mister? :laugh: