PDA

View Full Version : Smallest Dimension for a XXX 15

ChiefontheDitty
07-12-2005, 02:08 PM
I was wondering what the smallest dimensions the XXX could be ran on for a ported box. The problem is it is almost impossible to get a box in my trunk. So if someone could give me a suggestion of some small dimensions for the XXX or dimensions they have used in a WRX sedan before. Thanks, Chief

ChiefontheDitty
07-12-2005, 02:18 PM
I heard something about a snailshell style box for a XXX supposed to be small enough to fit in my trunk but still sound good. So how do these work, are they easy to make?

T3mpest
07-12-2005, 02:26 PM
I was always under the impression most snail shells ended up being huge. Try messing around with winisd

ChiefontheDitty
07-12-2005, 02:30 PM
Oh I just assumed that the snailshell design was a small enclosure. I guess I really want to know if I can put the XXX in a small ported box.

psych0ticnemes1
07-12-2005, 02:36 PM
yes you can, 2.5-3 cubes i believe will be fine... don't quote me tho

Johnny Drama
07-12-2005, 02:43 PM
Oh I just assumed that the snailshell design was a small enclosure. I guess I really want to know if I can put the XXX in a small ported box.

Sure you can put it in a small ported box. You will loose some low end. Probly gain a little output but in the upper range. I'd go sealed. It really depends on how "small"

ChiefontheDitty
07-13-2005, 01:28 AM
I had a box designed by Moe Lester and I built it and all, then I went to put it in the trunk and it didnt fit. I was to lazy to go measure one little section and it screwed the whole thing up. But the dimensions were: w26, d28, and h16. The problem was the depth was to much so it would go in then it would hit the bottom of the trunk and the rear window and not move.

ChiefontheDitty
07-13-2005, 01:56 AM
I have also tried a few subaru specific forums to try and see what everyone elses dimensions where. But all I could find was a guy who built his in his trunk, and a hole lot of people asking why do I need a big box for the sub and who is RE. Its Crazy. Chief