PDA

View Full Version : false floor

Mr. Opportunist
07-12-2005, 01:40 AM
when building a false floor what do you have to do when placing amps under plexi glass add fans? I want to do it but i am unsure if they will get the propper cooling and if not what steps do i have to take to assure that they do.

SSS 18734
07-12-2005, 01:56 AM
definitely add fans if its going to be under plexiglass

chibahawk
07-12-2005, 09:00 AM
about this topic.. ive got some questions of my own..

what type of fannage would you suggest? PC fans do the trick? Would you suggest like 3 or 4 lets for 1000w Fosgate amp? And would someone recommend some threads or sites for tutorials on wiring fans like that and also LED lights for plexiglass.. Im clueless about how to setup the trunk like a christmas tree but i want to do it and sandblast a nice design into some plexiglass..

superxplorer
07-12-2005, 07:58 PM
when using fans or leds your gonna want to run a relay for them.

http://www.the12volt.com/relays/page5.asp#rtol

look at the 6th diagram to learn how to wire them up. i would use around 4 fans and have 2 blowing air into the false floor and 2 blowing out.

here our the fans i got

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6783854888&category=51064&rd=1

work great and the leds are bright and look fantastic

i got soem pics of my false floor on my sound domain page if you want to check it out and maybe it will help u out.

Fate710
07-12-2005, 08:06 PM
When I make my cabinet for my 3 amps I will be either putting in six fans for intake and six fans for exhaust. I know someone would think it would be loud but I will be buying quite fans if I do that or I will contact Stinger Electronics about their amp fans. The PC fans idea sounds alot better though

btnhfan
07-12-2005, 09:22 PM
PC fans will work fine.

They run off of 12v.

SSS 18734
07-12-2005, 09:33 PM
When I make my cabinet for my 3 amps I will be either putting in six fans for intake and six fans for exhaust. I know someone would think it would be loud but I will be buying quite fans if I do that or I will contact Stinger Electronics about their amp fans. The PC fans idea sounds alot better though

I recently took my computer in to be serviced at Circuit City, and they replaced my old loud fans with a new kind. Theyre so quiet that the computer processing information is far louder than the constant whoosh of the fans. I think theyre around 10 bucks a piece

Fate710
07-12-2005, 10:44 PM
yeah. I will be getting the big fans that are super quiet. they move alot more air than a traditional pc fan and are just as quiet if not quieter