PDA

View Full Version : looking into a new headunit

iceteebone
07-11-2005, 02:34 PM
my eclipse 8443 is great and everything, but i don't use hardly any of the features it has. i have simple tastes so i don't need all of those features, especially now that i have choosen not to do an active setup, i have no use for the 3-way crossover either. i really don't like the sub control so i'm thinking of down grading headunits, lol. what i want is something with 3 outputs, front/rear/sub. volts aren't important to me as i don't buy into the hype. i want an adjustable hpf for the front/rear, adjustable low-pass for the sub. also a small graphic EQ would be splendid. the deck that really caught my eye was a pioneer premier 770. i used to own a pioneer 8600 and have always been a pioneer fan. nothing by alpine really interested me and the clarion dxz655 kinda interested me. what are your guys opinions on a headunit?

iceteebone
07-11-2005, 02:39 PM
it also has to have an aux input

iceteebone
07-11-2005, 02:49 PM
http://www.cardomain.com/sku/PANCQC8301U this one seems to have all the features i want, and at the right price. haven't heard too much about panasonic, what do you guys think?

yoshima123
07-11-2005, 02:53 PM
i have had alot of headunits. I had two pioneer in the last yr. and both of them introduce engine noise/ alternator whine, right out of the box. the pioneers i used was 7600 and the 8600. my friend also has a pioneer and his does the same.

i would stay away from pioneer.

oh yeah my friend is a big PG freak using the 500.4ti and the 500.2t and the whine was unreal.

i really like my clarion 745 last years model. it sound great, it was simple.
but i got rid of it cause it had no MID level adjustment on the eq.

i like pioneer, it just seems the quality isnt there. and pioneer have nosie problems.

i REALLY like Clarion, thinking of selling my eclipse for a new one.

Meh!
07-11-2005, 02:54 PM
You might take a look at a Clarion DXZ745MP, I know I LOVE mine. I am not sure if it has the inputs or not? But A VERY good headunit for the ~$200 range...

adam71
07-11-2005, 02:57 PM
Don't know if you're looking for brand new or used or what but I have a used Premier 920.

iceteebone
07-11-2005, 03:39 PM
i've never had noise problems with pioneer decks. usually the noise was from install rather then equipment. i've used a pioneer 8600, premier 750, 6500, and a 3500. the panasonic one really interests me. it has everything i want, and at the price i was looking to spend. i just haven't heard much about panasonic and don't know if they are quality or not.