PDA

View Full Version : stock hu hooked to subs

j0sh_o6
07-11-2005, 04:39 AM
my dad tells me he wants a system in his 2003 blazer so before i come up with one he goes out and buys 2 mtx 10's, a jensen amp, a scosche wire kit, and a scosche FAI-3A Speaker level converter to convert the wires commin out of the hu to rca's so he could hook up the amp and then tells me to hook it all up...

so i tear into it and tear the rear doors off to get the wire colors but to find that the wire colors goin to the speakers were way different from the ones on the headunit wire harnest so i finally figure out which ones are what and hook up the converter...

...so now i got everything hooked up converter, rca's, remote, power, ground, subs, all hooked up and have nothing at all...

what makes me wonder and confuses me is why is the wire color at the wire harnest different from the one at the speakers.

so anyways i try and put a meter on the wires going into the converter and have like .19 v dc and 0 v ac voltage going to speakers should be ac if i remember correctly and im getting nothing.

so what im wondering now is there an amp to power the system that is installed from factory the headunit says delco on it.
probably would be alot easier to buy a new headunit but he tells me he doesnt want one and likes his stock one...for being a stock system it does sound pretty descient though lol

so anyone out there that can help me out i'd appericate it

bimma85
07-11-2005, 04:47 AM
I'm tired as hell and thats lots of reading. :) I think you are asking if you can hook up an aftermarket amplifier to a stock car cd player? Yes you can, forgot what the piece is called though. Go to your local car audio shop and tell them what ya need and they should have it. Will probably run ya about $30

j0sh_o6
07-11-2005, 05:16 AM
I'm tired as hell and thats lots of reading. :) I think you are asking if you can hook up an aftermarket amplifier to a stock car cd player? Yes you can, forgot what the piece is called though. Go to your local car audio shop and tell them what ya need and they should have it. Will probably run ya about $30

http://www.cardomain.com/item/SCOFAI3
this is what i have hooked up right now and should do as what u stated

supa_c
07-11-2005, 05:19 AM
There could be an amp from the factory.
PM njccbflo and ask, he has a TB

j0sh_o6
07-11-2005, 05:23 AM
alright thanks one last thing that i just noticed the power led on the amp was not comming on yet the blue lights around the jensen logo were i did check my power to amp and all is good there

supa_c
07-11-2005, 05:24 AM
Then you have a problem with the 12V + imput.
Check the fuse, connections at the battery.

j0sh_o6
07-11-2005, 06:07 AM
already checked fuses and voltage from battery everything checked out good funny thing is when i pull fuses out of amp the blue light stays on that lights up the jensen logo im going to bed i'll work on it more tomorrow

j0sh_o6
07-11-2005, 06:07 PM
well found out today that the amp was a display model there for it could of been droped tampered with pretty much had just about anything done to it so i told him to take it back and get something thats in a sealed box and then we'll give it a try i'll post updates later tonight

albarran9
07-11-2005, 06:13 PM
the wires are different because the wire harness ones are more of a universal tipe thing and the wires in the door are factory colored wire. you can look may be in the blove box and see if it has the color code for the wires.

Decipha
07-11-2005, 06:40 PM
i know lincoln town cars come with factory amps... just did an install the other day

**post 1,200**